Recruiting 2021 Offers

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013

He is a Rivals150 and has 4 P5 offers. He is not a vastly underrated or underrecruited recruit. I think he's higher ranked than anyone on our team except Bones.

Don't know why this "chip on his shoulder because the big schools and rankings guys overlooked him" narrative has to be attached to everyone.
Clarke, Deloach, Kern, MacAllister, Banks and Ward were not even on our verbal commits offer lists the day they committed to VCU so who knows?
I am pretty sure every single one of those players was on our verbal commits offer list before they committed. None of them were surprises.

I get that it's the offseason but are we already so bored that we are just gonna make poop up?

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

He is a Rivals150 and has 4 P5 offers. He is not a vastly underrated or underrecruited recruit. I think he's higher ranked than anyone on our team except Bones.

Don't know why this "chip on his shoulder because the big schools and rankings guys overlooked him" narrative has to be attached to everyone.

I am pretty sure every single one of those players was on our verbal commits offer list before they committed. None of them were surprises.

I get that it's the offseason but are we already so bored that we are just gonna make poop up?
No. They weren't...with the exception of ward

Also. Read the rivals article.

Reactions: Ramlove81

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
No. They weren't...with the exception of ward

Also. Read the rivals article.
Yes. They were. With absolutely no exceptions.

Clark: added to VC 1/1/2019, committed 1/14/2019
Deloach: added to VC 9/8/2020, committed 11/2/2020
Kern: added to VC 8/11/2020, committed 11/11/2020
McCallister: added to VC 6/16/2016, committed 10/17/2018
Banks: added to VC 6/11/2019, committed 9/1/2019
Ward: added to VC 5/1/2019, committed 5/16/2019

So..... what the fudge are you talking about? Did you really just make that up in your head and decide to run with it as a fact without doing like, 2s of research to see if it was true?

2012Ram

Top Member
Feb 28, 2013
He's just trying to keep you sharp, '12.
super-slicer.gif

Reactions: GarseIronjade

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
RVa's own Efron Reid (IMG Academy) is going to announce in a couple days. Word is that it's OSU, UVa, orrrrrrrrrr Pittsburgh. So, I should have really said Final 2.....hahahaha

This has nothing to do with VCU other than he's a RVa kid.....carry on

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Hmm, I guess this guy wasn't a secret recruit we could potentially be getting because it would fit a recruiting pattern that doesn't exist.

No. He wasnt ...just possibitity absent any other information from the coaching staf. I said possible because there was form of 2 way discourse there and he stated that he reset his recruiting back to stage 1 in january.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Jaylen Blakes got offered by Boston College yesterday but here's a great article from when we offered back in february.

What college programs have been reaching out to you the most recently?

"Yeah, as I said, my recruitment is still open but the schools that have been contacting me the most right now are DePaul, Illinois, Texas, VCU and Yale."

VCU: "I spoke with Coach Rhoades and he sees how I can fit into their system. They really like to let their guards play and they really like to build them up and go. They have built a great program over there so they spoke to me how I can fit in with my toughness and competitive spirit and my ability on and off the ball that can help them."

l

Blakes would be a huge get for the Eagles. He is a four star recruit per 247sports.com, and comes in at #101 in the country per their recruiting ranking system. He has a massive offer list that the new staff will have to contend with though, as he also holds offers from UConn, Georgetown, Illinois, Texas, VCU, Georgia, Penn State, and Rutgers amongst others.
But Boston College has a lot to offer that may catch his eye. Currently on the roster Makai Ashton Langford and Brevin Galloway are the only two veteran guards for next season, joined by true freshman Kanye Jones. Presumably Grant could offer extensive early playing time to Blakes.
Currently there are no crystal ball projections for Blakes, which could mean that his recruitment is still wide open.

Last edited: