Recruiting 2021 Offers

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Nunn looks interesting...looks like he has remained an under recruited or under evaluated guy with an interesting offer sheet despite the early Iowa State commit. Could be a good rotation piece.

Reactions: WillWeaverRVA

Half-baked Mcbride

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
Kyle Weaver, Dream City Christian's head coach, has no idea why it took so long for Nunn to jump onto high-major radar.
"Jayden Nunn is a high-major player any day of the week because he has the mentality," Weaver said. "He could play at a blue-blood or he could play at any high-major, just because of his competitive edge."
"A dog. Never quits," Weaver told me of Nunn. "Any time he steps on the court, you’re confident you’re going to win the game just because every game he’s going to bring it. His best attribute is on the defensive end. He’s just an absolute dog on the defensive end and offensively he’s just as talented. He’s got a little Marcus Smart in him."

As tempting as a transfer may be, there is considerable value in bringing in a freshman and getting them into the "VCU Way"....between Coach Rhoades and Staff, the BDC, the Team, and RVA in general?
I like our chances of improving, building, and staving off transfer situations....

Last edited:

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Nunn looks interesting...looks like he has remained an under recruited or under evaluated guy with an interesting offer sheet despite the early Iowa State commit. Could be a good rotation piece.
We won't know unless we land him and we can watch him perform, but I think this undersells him. Big 12 commit with Pac 12 and SEC offers. Interest (whatever that might mean) from Kansas and Butler. Long, athletic PG who can shoot. That doesn't sound like a rotation piece to me

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
We won't know unless we land him and we can watch him perform, but I think this undersells him. Big 12 commit with Pac 12 and SEC offers. Interest (whatever that might mean) from Kansas and Butler. Long, athletic PG who can shoot. That doesn't sound like a rotation piece to me
A really good rotation piece

Reactions: DisplacedRam

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012

As tempting as a transfer may be, there is considerable value in bringing in a freshman and getting them into the VCU Way....between Coach Rhoades and Staff, the BDC, the Team, and RVA in general?
I like our chances of improving, building, and staving off transfer situations....
In most cases, I would agree.

But not for this year. I think next season’s team has the chance to be very good and a more immediate impact player could put us over the top. I also think it’s a very important season for Rhoades. Because of unfortunate circumstance and a couple mediocre seasons, he’s still only played in 1 NCAA Tournament game in 4 seasons. We need to make the tournament and win a game or two next year to help keep the momentum moving forward for the program.

BTW, off topic but someone needs to edit the VCU basketball Wikipedia page. They have an asterisk beside the 2021 NCAA Tournament and list it as a forfeit. It was a no-contest, not a forfeit.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
Maybe...but a rotation piece would be just fine. Nothing slanderous about that. Not everyone is a star.

BradRamFan

Top Member
May 1, 2009
I also think it’s a very important season for Rhoades. Because of unfortunate circumstance and a couple mediocre seasons, he’s still only played in 1 NCAA Tournament game in 4 seasons. We need to make the tournament and win a game or two next year to help keep the momentum moving forward for the program.
Agree. And if we get to the dance and win a game or better yet, two, it will give us the national boost we need for when Bones or Ward.....or both head off for the big NBA.....giving us a further boost.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Top Member
Mar 22, 2013
Maybe it's just semantics but to me a "rotation piece" is someone you hope can come in and give you a few minutes while your starters rest. Not how I see Nunn at all
I'd say Jamir was a part of the rotation last year. That's pretty impressive for a true freshman. Semantics aside, Nunn looks legit.

Reactions: wavevcu

Ramwitch

Top Member
Dec 2, 2014
In the top 50 at his position, 3-star former b12 commit with multiple p5 offers. It is amazing what gets billed as under recruited these days
Everyone wants to call someone we get under recruited to say they have a chip on their shoulder. I guarantee the five star kids have a chip on their shoulder. Everyone wants to be number 1, and number 1 wants to stay number 1. I don’t get why you have to be under recruited to play hard