2022-23 Roster Construction/Mgmt

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Another way to look at next years roster, feel free to correct me as all these extra "Covid Years" are hard to figure out...

Seniors
Brandon Johns
David Shriver

Juniors
Jarren McCallister
Josh Banks
Ace Baldwin
Jamir Watkins

Sophomores
Zeb Jackson
Jayden Nunn
Nick Kern
Jalen DeLoach

Freshman
Christian Fermin
Alphonzo Billups
Toibu Lawal

rammad90

Elite Member
Based on zero, I think that Mr. Kern will emerge as quite the stud this year.
He was the most accomplished scorer in his class. I think Nunn prepping (he did prep didnt he) helped him. I too see Kern making a jump.

AB
Nunn
Kern/Deloach
Jamir
John's

Deloach/Kern

SteveMM

Elite Member
Another way to look at next years roster, feel free to correct me as all these extra "Covid Years" are hard to figure out...

Seniors
Brandon Johns
David Shriver

Juniors
Jarren McCallister
Josh Banks
Ace Baldwin
Jamir Watkins

Sophomores
Zeb Jackson
Jayden Nunn
Nick Kern
Jalen DeLoach

Freshman
Christian Fermin
Alphonzo Billups
Toibu Lawal
Zeb Jackson is a junior. It's my understanding that there's been talk about the team trying to get last year retroactively named a redshirt year, but I'm sure (if the rumor is true) that it hasn't been done yet.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
He was the most accomplished scorer in his class. I think Nunn prepping (he did prep didnt he) helped him. I too see Kern making a jump.

AB
Nunn
Kern/Deloach
Jamir
John's

Deloach/Kern
Nunn didn’t prep, he went to Dream city for his senior year in HS due to COVID uncertainty for public schools in Michigan.

The skills are largely there, it’s pacing that needs work. We know his intentions from the first step, so he is easy to guard into a mistake. Also, he has a tendency to go for the ”kill shot” rather than making the easy play. I suspect he was able to rely on his athletic supremacy a lot in HS, but now learning on the fly these college dudes are cagey and in some cases just as athletic.

All correctable though with experience. After a full year getting accustomed to the speed of the game, hopefully he takes some time to add polish to his game and figures out when to downshift a bit to set defenders up. We shall see.
fingers crossed, you do have to like the desire he displays and he's got a few new experienced team mates to help him sort this stuff out.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
@Half-baked Mcbride I think all the juniors are really "sophomores" again due to the COVID year.
Call them whatever class you want but there is no guarantee they use all available years i.e Key and Vince. As such you have to recruit as if they are juniors. If they then decided to take the extra year, then you make a decision between players at that point.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Technically, Jamir should have 4 years of eligibility left… though he’d never use them all.

VCUBusiness

Elite Member
If Jamir picks up where he left off pre-injury, I think we’ve got 2 more years with him before he goes pro.