2022-23 Roster Construction/Mgmt

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
By pro do you mean signing a big NIL deal with a P5?
giphy.gif

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
@VCUBusiness Ramdog is being facetious as usual, no need to feed into it. You should see his nonsense on the Recruiting board.

RAM_IT

Elite Member
Just something I was thinking about with the 22/23 roster, so figured I'd think out loud and let everyone criticize my feble hoops brain. :)

There may be 6 guys whose best position is the SF/3 spot. (Watkins, McAllister, Kern, Jackson, Billups, Shriver) ..which could be a good or bad thing.

On the surface versatility sounds awesome but I'm counting 2 proven college shooters from range in that group for the SG/2 spot and nobody I'd like playing extended minutes at the 4. Maybe I'm wrong?

This is quite the logjam. I do think Watkins will play most minutes as a mismatch 2 or 4 despite starting at the 3.

Also I'm not sure what the depth chart at the point looks like especially if Nunn starts at the 2 next to Ace again. Thoughts?

Just something I was thinking about with the 22/23 roster, so figured I'd think out loud and let everyone criticize my feble hoops brain. :)

There may be 6 guys whose best position is the SF/3 spot. (Watkins, McAllister, Kern, Jackson, Billups, Shriver) ..which could be a good or bad thing.

On the surface versatility sounds awesome but I'm counting 2 proven college shooters from range in that group for the SG/2 spot and nobody I'd like playing extended minutes at the 4. Maybe I'm wrong?

This is quite the logjam. I do think Watkins will play most minutes as a mismatch 2 or 4 despite starting at the 3.

Also I'm not sure what the depth chart at the point looks like especially if Nunn starts at the 2 next to Ace again. Thoughts?

If all of those guys are unselfish and aggressive at the same time, we will have a great season!

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider

So I think Ace/Nunn/Zeb are the primary rotation at 1/2 with Banks mins depending on him MR mentioned Shriver playing some 4 so I think he and Watkins get minutes at the 4 in certain scenarios but with JJ, Johns and Fermin getting the primary minutes at 4/5 those mins will decrease come late December. Just my opinion…