2022 NCAA Baseball Tournament

rvaram

Elite Member
Proud of our Rams. Not the way we wanted the season to end, but we did our best. I normally say something like “Nice job Tarheels, go win it all”…. Ummm. Nope. Hope they crash and burn.

On to Basketball. VCU… Go Rams,GO!
Might have to catch some early soccer games to get my VCU fix before basketball starts up.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
Yep...proud of this team and what they accomplished this year.

Weekends like this really drive home the talent disparity between Those Teams and us and the very very very very fine line a team like VCU has to walk to pull off a Super Regional berth.

Helluva strong season by our guys, especially after the slow start. Coach Stiffler and Staff deserve A TON of credit for building this team.....and now we wait to see if Tyler Locklear goes MLB or comes back. But the core of this team is young...Locklear, Hujsak, Carlone, Nippolt, O'Malley coupled with arms like Davis, Ellis, Hungate, Masloff, Delane.....all Frosh/Sophs

We're really only losing Selden (C) and Wilson (RP) provided the guys we want to come back come back....That is a paltry amount of turnover, so I expect Coach Stiffler to be on the lookout for arms, arms, and more arms and some guys to transfer out....

Great season Diamond Rams!!! 42-20 and ANOTHER A10 Championship

Last edited:

MarylandRamFan

Elite Member
Kind of hoping Arkansas trashes the heels. Their coaches and fans should be prepared for a ton of complaining and moaning by Carolina.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Weekends like this really drive home the talent disparity between Those Teams and us and the very very very very fine line a team like VCU has to walk to pull off a Super Regional berth.

Helluva strong season by our guys, especially after the slow start. Coach Stiffler and Staff deserve A TON of credit for building this team.....and now we wait to see if Tyler Locklear goes MLB or comes back. But the core of this team is young...Locklear, Hujsak, Carlone, Nippolt, O'Malley coupled with arms like Davis, Ellis, Hungate, Masloff, Delane.....all Frosh/Sophs

We're really only losing Selden (C) and Wilson (RP) provided the guys we want to come back come back....That is a paltry amount of turnover, so I expect Coach Stiffler to be on the lookout for arms, arms, and more arms and some guys to transfer out....

At every level...it is all about the pitching

VCU Heel

Elite Member
At every level...it is all about the pitching
It’s about hitting too. The Heels are strong at the plate 1-9. VCU has a pretty big drop off after 1-4.

It also helps to have a closer that’s hitting 93-95 with all of his pitches. And VCU didn’t even face UNC’s best starter (Carlson) during the 3 games.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
It’s about hitting too. The Heels are strong at the plate 1-9. VCU has a pretty big drop off after 1-4.

It also helps to have a closer that’s hitting 93-95 with all of his pitches. And VCU didn’t even face UNC’s best starter (Carlson) during the 3 games.

Yea, I was super surprised to not see Carlson out there....Schaeffer/Gillian were absolutely the reason the TarHeels won that game...not to mention that nightmare 1st inning for Tyler Davis.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Yea, I was super surprised to not see Carlson out there....Schaeffer/Gillian were absolutely the reason the TarHeels won that game...not to mention that nightmare 1st inning for Tyler Davis.
It worked out well for them. They’ll be able to use Carlson on 4 days rest for game 1 of the super regional and then Schaeffer on 4 days of rest for game 2.

Goop

Elite Member
Proud of how the guys really turned it on at the end of the season going into post season play. Man I really thought we’d take unc once we got the first win over them. Oh well.

Is the transfer portal as crazy in baseball as it is in basketball?

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Proud of how the guys really turned it on at the end of the season going into post season play. Man I really thought we’d take unc once we got the first win over them. Oh well.

Probably not quite as much since NIL isn’t going to be the same for most baseball players as it is in basketball.

Ramdog

Elite Member

Baseball has a robust minor league...kids that want to get paid go pro.

DNB

Elite Member

Well said.