Recruiting 2022 Offers

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
"Heavily involved" might be a bit much but interesting.

I based the "heavily involved" on two things:

1. My observation is that historically, our level of interested of interest seems to be correlated to the number of vcu coaches following following said prospect on twitter and instagram.

Right now, both brunt and byers have been following for mckie for at least 3 weeks even though we have offered yet.

2. The guy who identified mckie as the prospect to get attention this summer was from Rivals, a credible source. He said Florida st., Georgia and VCU were contacting Mckie the most. That is pretty good conpany.

I would not be surprised to see Mckie offered soon.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Thank you! What a get if he commits to VCU especially when the competition is Michigan and Florida. With Ace signing and then him, more big time recruits might find VCU as an attractive place to play.
Look at his full list -- who he has eliminated (although he is talking about his "top" or most vocal choices rather than his "final" list). Dude has an absolutely elite sheet.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
I'm not sure we have ever had a commit from Paul VI...at least none I can recall.
Would be a massive get...hard to believe Michigan isn't the favorite but we're in the mix and that's all you can ask for.
Looks just like Fatts.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Thank you! What a get if he commits to VCU especially when the competition is Michigan and Florida. With Ace signing and then him, more big time recruits might find VCU as an attractive place to play.
This guy says you have to finish "over guys". No, as a shortie myself, finishing around the defender by banking off the glass or using the rim to protect your shot against guys 7+ inches taller is the only way to get it in the hoop. Over is way too hard in the lane..unless you have a really good floater.

Reactions: BGDragoon80
Apr 9, 2015
This guy says you have to finish "over guys". No, as a shortie myself, finishing around the defender by banking off the glass or using the rim to protect your shot against guys 7+ inches taller is the only way to get it in the hoop. Over is way too hard in the lane..unless you have a really good floater.
Working with Coach Roose in the weight room can train the fast twitch muscles to be more explosive, with that said, learning how to get into the defenders body is also important when attacking the rim. Dug may never finish above the rim. Ace doesn't seem to finish above the rim, but he uses technique and angles to score. Fatts, Francis, & Gilyard use their speed to get to the rim. I don't think anyone would say the get above the rim. Speed in my IMHO is the greater attribute to possess.

Reactions: duncanlamb

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Working with Coach Roose in the weight room can train the fast twitch muscles to be more explosive, with that said, learning how to get into the defenders body is also important when attacking the rim. Dug may never finish above the rim. Ace doesn't seem to finish above the rim, but he uses technique and angles to score. Fatts, Francis, & Gilyard use their speed to get to the rim. I don't think anyone would say the get above the rim. Speed in my IMHO is the greater attribute to possess.
This...boo boo did the same thing.