Recruiting 2022 Offers

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

4* CG top 75 guard 2022 out of landsdown.

VCU, wanted to ask what you thought about them? They’ve been quite impressive this year? Have you watched it?
“I’ve watched a lot of their games this year. I really like their style of play and the tempo. They get after it on defense with a lot of on-ball pressure, then on the offensive end, they always make the right play. Coach Rhoades and Coach Byers think I can strive in their system because they play fast pace and play in transition. Also, they think I can play point guard where I can operate the offensive and can cause mismatches because of my size.”
When will you trim down your list?
“I would say sometime this summer or early fall.”
Commitment timeline?
“The fall.”
What are you looking for in a college program?
“I’m looking for somewhere that feels like home. Where the Coaching staff will push me on and off the court to be the best player I can be.”
And how about the season you had? Thoughts on your junior year.
“The season was great. We made it to the semifinals but fell short. I’ve improved in every category. My shot-making, creating space, ball handling, defense have all improved because I’ve been getting better every day. My expectations are just to keep improving because there is something I can always improve on and keep winning and being a leader.”

RAMification

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
I'm not sure we have ever had a commit from Paul VI...at least none I can recall.
Would be a massive get...hard to believe Michigan isn't the favorite but we're in the mix and that's all you can ask for.
Looks just like Fatts.
You are right. Paul VI has never been particularly fertile recruiting territory for the Rams. Perhaps that will change. Dug would be an amazing get but Michigan is definitely the favorite at this juncture.

Sethjax

Top Member
Jan 22, 2010
You are right. Paul VI has never been particularly fertile recruiting territory for the Rams. Perhaps that will change. Dug would be an amazing get but Michigan is definitely the favorite at this juncture.
To be fair their best players each year have been REALLY good ones and gone super high major:
Roach: Duke
Harris: UNC
Slater: Nova
King: L'Ville
and they have Keels who is 5* going super high major as well....I'm sensing a trend here...maybe we get lucky though.

Apr 9, 2015
To be fair their best players each year have been REALLY good ones and gone super high major:
Roach: Duke
Harris: UNC
Slater: Nova
King: L'Ville
and they have Keels who is 5* going super high major as well....I'm sensing a trend here...maybe we get lucky though.
And Stan Robinson, who originally committed to Indiana. When he transferred he did visit VCU before committing to Rhode Island.

Reactions: Sethjax

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Cam Whitmore is guy we need to keep an eye on.

He is a 4* small forward 2022 small forward 4* SF out of Baltimore(#90 in 247 sports) who seems to be acquainted with Ace offers include Florida, Maryland, UCONN, Seton Hall, Creighton and VCU.

Maryland and Florida seem to have the inside track but ALL the VCU assitants are following him on twitter!

His athleticism stands apart. In 25 years of coaching he’s one of the most athletic players I’ve ever had,” Spalding coach Josh Pratt said. “He’s always under control. Maybe one of my guys is going in the lane and misses a layup and all of a sudden here he comes to follow it up. His athleticism just gets better and better and I think his perimeter shooting has gotten better. He’s trusting his 3-point shot more and when he hits shots like that, it just helps everybody else in opening up the floor.”
ADVERTISEMENT

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Tyrell Ward 4* SF out of dematha top 100

6-5

Offers include Xavier, Indiana, Virginia Tech, St. Johns, Seton Hall,Wake Forest, Goergetown, Georgia and LSU as well as VCU

zackry93

Top Member
Insider
Mar 14, 2016
Since decommitting from Iowa State last month, 2022 guard and 247Sports three-star pros0ect Jayden Nunn has steadily added new options and new interest.

The Dream City (Arizona) Christian standout collected offers from Mississippi State, Arizona State and VCU last month. He is rated as the nation's No. 44 point guard and the state's No. 13 prospect by 247Sports.

"There's been some more interest lately," said the 6-foot-4 and 190-pound Nunn. "I am looking at all of my options so far and I am still not trying to rush anything. Wichita State, Marquette and Cincinnati started showing interest and LSU is still showing interest. I also heard from UNLV and Maryland last week, too."

Over the past couple of weeks, Nunn has taken in several Zoom meetings with Mississippi State, Arizona State and VCU. He noted of those experiences and the message he heard from those programs.

"I am talking regularly with VCU, Mississippi State and Arizona State, and I've done Zoom calls with all three schools," Nunn said. "Arizona State's meeting was last week and it went really good. It was just me and Coach Bobby Hurley and he showed me a lot about their system. He talked about playing time and he said I could make a big impact.

"All of the VCU coaches were on that Zoom call and I talk to them almost every day. Each day it's a different assistant reaching out or it's the head coach."

Concerning Mississippi State, Nunn has held multiple Zoom meetings with head coach Ben Howland and his staff over the past couple of weeks.

"The first Zoom call I did with Mississippi State, they showed me the weight room and their workouts and their facilities," recalled Nunn. "Then the other Zoom call, it was with the academic advisors and Coach Howland and Coach (Ernie) Zeigler were on there, too. It was pretty cool and Coach Howland said I could have a bright future in their program."

Nunn added that he does see an opportunity on the Bulldogs' depth chart. He is also familiar with 2022 Mississippi State commitment Alden Applewhite and played against Applewhite twice this season.

"Coach Howland talked about coaching Russell Westbrook and he has coached over 20 NBA players," said Nunn. "That catches my attention and it means he has a feel for the NBA. He likes me as a combo guard and we talked about my opportunity there.

"I do see a good opportunity there and they need more guards in their system. One of their younger guards (Deivon Smith) is transferring and another guard is looking at the NBA. I know Alden Applewhite is going there and he is a good player. He's a really good shooter and his defense is really underrated."

The spring signing period for college basketball begins April 14th (Wednesday) and concludes on May 19th. Nunn still expects to make his decision at some point this month but hasn't settled in on an exact day just yet.

"I don't have a set day," said Nunn. "But the plan is to decide either on signing day or around signing day. Playing time and the impact I can make will be a factor and it also depends on who I have the best relationships with."

LQuarles

Top Member
Insider
Mar 10, 2012
Real info!

tenor.gif

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Since decommitting from Iowa State last month, 2022 guard and 247Sports three-star pros0ect Jayden Nunn has steadily added new options and new interest.

The Dream City (Arizona) Christian standout collected offers from Mississippi State, Arizona State and VCU last month. He is rated as the nation's No. 44 point guard and the state's No. 13 prospect by 247Sports.

"There's been some more interest lately," said the 6-foot-4 and 190-pound Nunn. "I am looking at all of my options so far and I am still not trying to rush anything. Wichita State, Marquette and Cincinnati started showing interest and LSU is still showing interest. I also heard from UNLV and Maryland last week, too."

Over the past couple of weeks, Nunn has taken in several Zoom meetings with Mississippi State, Arizona State and VCU. He noted of those experiences and the message he heard from those programs.

"I am talking regularly with VCU, Mississippi State and Arizona State, and I've done Zoom calls with all three schools," Nunn said. "Arizona State's meeting was last week and it went really good. It was just me and Coach Bobby Hurley and he showed me a lot about their system. He talked about playing time and he said I could make a big impact.

"All of the VCU coaches were on that Zoom call and I talk to them almost every day. Each day it's a different assistant reaching out or it's the head coach."

Concerning Mississippi State, Nunn has held multiple Zoom meetings with head coach Ben Howland and his staff over the past couple of weeks.

"The first Zoom call I did with Mississippi State, they showed me the weight room and their workouts and their facilities," recalled Nunn. "Then the other Zoom call, it was with the academic advisors and Coach Howland and Coach (Ernie) Zeigler were on there, too. It was pretty cool and Coach Howland said I could have a bright future in their program."

Nunn added that he does see an opportunity on the Bulldogs' depth chart. He is also familiar with 2022 Mississippi State commitment Alden Applewhite and played against Applewhite twice this season.

"Coach Howland talked about coaching Russell Westbrook and he has coached over 20 NBA players," said Nunn. "That catches my attention and it means he has a feel for the NBA. He likes me as a combo guard and we talked about my opportunity there.

"I do see a good opportunity there and they need more guards in their system. One of their younger guards (Deivon Smith) is transferring and another guard is looking at the NBA. I know Alden Applewhite is going there and he is a good player. He's a really good shooter and his defense is really underrated."

The spring signing period for college basketball begins April 14th (Wednesday) and concludes on May 19th. Nunn still expects to make his decision at some point this month but hasn't settled in on an exact day just yet.

"I don't have a set day," said Nunn. "But the plan is to decide either on signing day or around signing day. Playing time and the impact I can make will be a factor and it also depends on who I have the best relationships with."
Talking to a coach every day. Sounds like we are working hard for him. Here's hoping it pays off.