Recruiting 2022 Offers

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

This is the kid to watch. Since VCU offered a month ago, both Temple and St. John have offered.

He is also garnering interest from pitt

At just 217 pounds, Fermin possesses a wiry frame with lots of room to add muscle. He is unranked on 247 Sports and Rivals and is just a two-star recruit according Verbal Commits, but is looking like a potential diamond in the rough in the class.

“My shot blocking is one of my best strengths,” Fermin told Pittsburgh Sports Now. “I can guard every position on defense. But, definitely the shot blocking is what stands out to a lot of college coaches. Offensively, I would say that I am a really versatile player. I can step out, shoot threes, I shot at a really high rate this season, but I can also score in the post. I can go against double, triple teams and I am really great at finding the open man and getting those passes there

He will be playing for PSA Cardinals in the EYBL league this summer so I expect him to blowup.

Mike Rhoades as well as the entire coaching staff is following him.

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
Other 2022 prospects in the news from this weekend.

2022 VCU SG prospect Treyvon Lewis is the running for Mr. Basketball in the state of michigan.

Treyvon Lewis, Ferndale

Guard

Lewis improved leaps and bounds this year and became a prolific scorer and all-around player, recording a 50-point game in a win over Division 4 state champion Detroit Douglass. He averaged 21 points and 7 rebounds this season while helping the Eagles go all the way to the Division 2 state semifinals. The 6-foot-4 guard has offers from VCU, Toledo, Kent State and Siena.

Finally, we’ll look forward to seeing some more of 6-foot-5 small forward Treyvon Lewis of Ferndale (Mich.) and The Family. A long armed 6-foot-5 athlete, Lewis can make some things happen when he’s attacking the rim and his length and athleticism give him big potential on the defensive end of the floor. Kent State, Siena, Toledo and VCU have given him early offers.

2022 VCU pg target is expected to be in the 247 top 150 for the first time when the next rankings come out.

"When we updated the 2022 rankings during the winter, Gahanna (Ohio) Lincoln point guard Sean Jones rated as a three-star point guard who landed just outside of the top 150. The next time we update them, Jones should be inside of the top 150. He’s quick, he puts pressure on the defense, and he has a calming presence about him that rubs off on everybody around him. Penn State is his newest offer joining Marquette, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech and Xavier. West Virginia is tracking him closely as well. Many more will jump in sooner than later.".

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

3 vcu offers and one pending interest in Marcus Helton's article today.

Offers

Christian Watson

6-foot-7 2022 wing from St. John’s (DC) was very impressive on day 1 of the Super Circuit. In a high energy game against Team Loaded VA, he was able to use his length, improved game off the bounce to keep Team Loaded VA on their heels. Add in an impressive outside touch and you are looking at a player who could see his recruitment start to rise to another level. He currently holds offers from Bryant, Georgetown, George Mason, George Washington, Howard, LSU, Providence, Rhode Island, St. Joseph’s and VCU, among others.

Maliq Brown

The Blue Ridge (Va.) was a physical force around the basket, averaging 9.7 points, 7 rebounds and a block per game. The 6-foot-8 power forward holds a host of high major offers, including Georgetown, St. John’s, Syracuse, Texas A&M and Virginia Tech.

Tyler Nickel

Standing 6’7 with good length and a sweet stroke, the East Rockingham 2022 wing was clicking on all cylinders, averaging 16.3 points per game on 51 percent shooting from the field. He consistently made the right play, and displayed his athleticism with a couple of poster dunks. It is easy to see why he picked up an offer from West Virginia after his performance on May 1.

Pending Interest

Kanye Clary

Clary (Massanutten Military Academy) is a scoring point guard who has great separation moves but is also a willing passer that will get your team into its sets. The lefty is adept at creating space in the mid range or three using a nice set of misdirection moves. Tough to guard in the open floor, Clary led Boo Williams to a 1-1 finish in Session 1 while averaging 13.5 points, 6 assists and 3.5 steals per game.

Alphonzo Billups mentioned under"other standouts".

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009

"
entered this spring with a few offers from high major programs, but a bulk of high major programs remained on the line of interested and ready to pull the trigger on an official offer. His play this spring has validated to many that he is worthy at the high major level and you can expect the attention to keep rolling in.

“We’re doing pretty good as a team, I just think that in order for us to come together as a unit is we just need more practice time,” Winborne told Prep Hoops. “School is still in session right now and we have three players that’s still down in Florida during the week. We’ve only had two practices as a full team, so I think once that comes together, we’re going to be way better than where we are. Individually I can say that I’m having a pretty productive AAU season. I just picked up offers from St. Joseph’s, Rutgers and VCU, so my recruitment is picking up a little bit more.”

Reactions: 2012Ram

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
More on Collins. The staff seems to have been monitoring collins for awhile. Here is more on the performance this past week which prompted the vcu offer.

"2022 CG MJ Collins is trending up

Arguably no prospect helped themselves more this weekend than 2022 combo guard MJ Collins. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound prospect out of Rock Hill (S.C.) Westminster Catawba Christian School showcased an improving multi-dimensional game this weekend with Team Curry.

Collins is long, athletic, quick and shifty with dynamic ball skills and three-level scoring ability. In one viewing on Sunday, Collins connected on six threes against Strive for Greatness displaying his shot-making. In his second viewing against EAB, it was his playmaking that shined and what ultimately impressed the most.".

Last edited: