Recruiting 2022 Offers

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
We don't have any spots open for him so why would he keep us on his list? Billups took the final spot.

Now, if someone was a super major 5 star guy perhaps we make a spot for them.....but not sure Skilling fits that bill.
He's a 4* ranked 41 in rivals. Last I saw.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
We don't have any spots open for him so why would he keep us on his list? Billups took the final spot.

Now, if someone was a super major 5 star guy perhaps we make a spot for them.....but not sure Skilling fits that bill.
FWIW, I was told we’re not done.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
FWIW, I was told we’re not done.
Well, I am just going for what's on paper. On paper we are done. What happens or is happening behind the scenes, I don't know about.
Nonetheless, that is an interesting tidbit of news. And of course, you never stop recruiting.....one never knows what will happen. Ward could opt for the draft after the season or someone may feel they might have better opportunities elsewhere.

Newboy

Elite Member
Williams, Curry, Stockard. We have 1 left correct.That is unless Williams or Curry decide to stay another year.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Williams, Curry, Stockard. We have 1 left correct.That is unless Williams or Curry decide to stay another year.
Stockard does not count against the total of 13. We have 14 players because of the Covid rules, so technically only 2 ships.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Well, I am just going for what's on paper. On paper we are done. What happens or is happening behind the scenes, I don't know about.
Nonetheless, that is an interesting tidbit of news. And of course, you never stop recruiting.....one never knows what will happen. Ward could opt for the draft after the season or someone may feel they might have better opportunities elsewhere.
Unlike some here, I don’t see Ward being high enough on draft boards to go pro after the season. He has a lot to prove to do that. And with the NIL rules, players shouldn’t be taking big chances with the draft.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Ward is all about potential at this point. As of this moment, he'd be outclassed in the G League, much less the NBA. But his size, length, timing and athleticism suggest a very high ceiling. We shall see.

I don't have contacts in on the staff, but I doubt seriously we are recruiting for the 22 class . They almost certainly are keeping their ears to the ground for the spring though. Never know what is going to happen

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I compare Ward to someone like Brice Johnson at UNC. Similar height, build, and length. Brice was a big stronger. He averaged 17 and 11 in the ACC as a senior and was only the 25th pick. He never stayed in the league because he’s not a perimeter shooter. At 6’9-10, you have to be able to shoot from the perimeter these days.

Ward will need to have a similar 17/10 average this year and shoot around 33-35% on 3 pointer with a decent number of attempts (2-3 per game) to have a good shot at being a first round pick.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
I compare Ward to someone like Brice Johnson at UNC. Similar height, build, and length. Brice was a big stronger. He averaged 17 and 11 in the ACC as a senior and was only the 25th pick. He never stayed in the league because he’s not a perimeter shooter. At 6’9-10, you have to be able to shoot from the perimeter these days.
Man, that's a shame. I really thought Giannis was gonna make it.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider

Ward will need to have a similar 17/10 average this year and shoot around 33-35% on 3 pointer with a decent number of attempts (2-3 per game) to have a good shot at being a first round pick.
Agreed. I think it is possible. I know they are expecting him to add some shooting from 3 this year.