Recruiting 2022 Offers

Violet Ram

Elite Member
Are you seriously comparing Hason to Giannis?

LMFAO… some of you have some seriously gold tinted glasses on.
I think you're missing the point. There are still some players that thrive in the NBA who don't light it up from 3. Hason isn'tt anywhere near the offensive threat as Giannis is, but he doesn't need to become a reliable outside shooter to make the NBA. What he really needs to master is creating his own shots in the paint.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I think you're missing the point. There are still some players that thrive in the NBA who don't light it up from 3. Hason isn'tt anywhere near the offensive threat as Giannis is, but he doesn't need to become a reliable outside shooter to make the NBA. What he really needs to master is creating his own shots in the paint.
Hason is 2-3 inches shorter than Giannis, who is a once in a generation athlete. He can’t get away with being a mediocre shooter like Giannis is, though Giannis shoots 30% on NBA 3 pointers. That’s something Hason hasn’t even shown yet.

Hason’s issue is that he’s “only” 6’9. Even with his length, there are a lot of college and pro athletes that are similar or longer. He’s going to have to do something to stand out. In the NBA, that typically involves being a pick and pop big man.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
I think the barometer right now has Hason more similar to Kostas starting the season with the potential to equal a Brice Johnson. Meaning that if the draft were today, I think he could be selected at the end of the 2nd round but has the season to play his way to the end of the first round. I still don't believe he is going to be an early entry next year but he has the chance to improve his draft stock which right now I believe is late late 2nd round.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I agree that I think Hasan comes back for his Senior year. But he may declare for the draft (probably a good idea) to see where he stands, what he needs to work on, and how he compares to other players and then return for his final year.
I hope he has beefed up this year. He may want to play the forward spot but he hasn't really shown much of an outside shot and certainly not from 3 pt range. If he wants to play in the big league I think he will be a low post guy which means he needs to get to 245 or so IMO.

Sethjax

Elite Member
Feels like the staff is hedging that there's at least a possibility that Ward does test the waters and if he stays in would free up another scholly, and so adding another commitment makes sense under that scenario, and if he doesn't go then someone transfers out. Makes sense to me to keep striking on the recruiting trail while the iron is hot....and it's blazing.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
Hason is 2-3 inches shorter than Giannis, who is a once in a generation athlete. He can’t get away with being a mediocre shooter like Giannis is, though Giannis shoots 30% on NBA 3 pointers. That’s something Hason hasn’t even shown yet.

Hason’s issue is that he’s “only” 6’9. Even with his length, there are a lot of college and pro athletes that are similar or longer. He’s going to have to do something to stand out. In the NBA, that typically involves being a pick and pop big man.
Again, the main thrust of my post was to point out that no, you do not need to be able to shoot the three. Giannis shooting 3's and hitting below .300 for his career is actually a negative to his value. There are other players too that fit this mold like Bam Adebayo, Tristan Thompson, and Derrick Favors, to name a few.

And, for the record, Giannis and Ward are probably only an inch apart. FWIW, Giannis was listed as 6'9'' when he was drafted. I think Giannis is a short 6'11" and Ward a tall 6'9" (I bet Ward would be listed as 6'10" in the NBA draft combine).

rammad90

Elite Member
Again, the main thrust of my post was to point out that no, you do not need to be able to shoot the three. Giannis shooting 3's and hitting below .300 for his career is actually a negative to his value. There are other players too that fit this mold like Bam Adebayo, Tristan Thompson, and Derrick Favors, to name a few.

And, for the record, Giannis and Ward are probably only an inch apart. FWIW, Giannis was listed as 6'9'' when he was drafted. I think Giannis is a short 6'11" and Ward a tall 6'9" (I bet Ward would be listed as 6'10" in the NBA draft combine).
Look I think Ward has natural talent that with improved skill could get him a look. However, Tar heck is correct, nothing about Ward stands out enough to get him drafted based on what he has shown thus far.

He isnt Giannis now maybe Giannis' brother but not the Greek Freak. Most guys arent. Ward needs to work on being a Cappella type guy.