Recruiting 2022 Offers

vcu_baum

Elite Member
If vcu ends up having anyone transfer after this season (I think we’ll have at least one), they need to go after Yann Farell! He’s friends with Fermin and they played on the same AAU team. he’s a Uber athletic high energy 6’7” PF with great handles for his size and has good 3 point shot. VCU has offered him but it looks like there hasn’t been any update on his recruitment lately! He’s a 4⭐️ and watching his highlights he fits our style of play!

Attachments

• 0319F1F9-0B1E-4674-9FFF-A01844ECD0E9.jpeg
    0319F1F9-0B1E-4674-9FFF-A01844ECD0E9.jpeg
    241.2 KB · Views: 8

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Imagine three 4 star recruits joining the boys. Just to catch up, we currently are done with 2022 recruiting minus a transfer?
Yes. Someone must transfer (and Vince/Curry don’t use their extra Covid year) for us to sign someone else.

I would think 1-2 transfers would be likely whether we sign someone or not. It happens almost every year. And there are 3-4 guys that might decide they want more playing time than they’re likely to get here.

Yes. Someone must transfer (and Vince/Curry don’t use their extra Covid year) for us to sign someone else.

I would think 1-2 transfers would be likely whether we sign someone or not. It happens almost every year. And there are 3-4 guys that might decide they want more playing time than they’re likely to get here.
I like both Vince and Curry. So would not be upset if they stayed. If I had to pick one of the two, I'm picking Vince. I remember Curry's freshman year, watching spurts of offense and thinking, this guy is going to be a problem for opponents. Unfortunately, have not seen the high ceiling growth I thought.

If I have to predict someone to transfer - I think Banks might be looking for a better playing opportunity for his Junior year. That being said, I am no expert. What are your thoughts?

VCU Heel

Elite Member
I like both Vince and Curry. So would not be upset if they stayed. If I had to pick one of the two, I'm picking Vince. I remember Curry's freshman year, watching spurts of offense and thinking, this guy is going to be a problem for opponents. Unfortunately, have not seen the high ceiling growth I thought.

If I have to predict someone to transfer - I think Banks might be looking for a better playing opportunity for his Junior year. That being said, I am no expert. What are your thoughts?
I have a couple people in mind that might transfer, but I don’t want to use names on a public message board.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member

Curry is NOT an option!!!!!!!!! He has reached his ceiling and it is the roof.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
The initial offer was way back in Sept 2020. That was way before Fermin signed with us in 2021. Not sure we are pursuing him at this time. But then again, Ward is a junior and would only have one season to go and we do lose Levi after this season.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
The initial offer was way back in Sept 2020. That was way before Fermin signed with us in 2021. Not sure we are pursuing him at this time. But then again, Ward is a junior and would only have one season to go and we do lose Levi after this season.

Though Manyang is just getting back on the court, that doesn’t mean his recruitment has slowed down. He just earned another offer from UCSB recently and holds offers from Hofstra, VCU, Siena, Saint Louis, Bryant, Charlotte, UMass, George Mason, NJIT, Seton Hall,

When speaking to him about the latest in his recruitment, he talked about his latest offer and who else has been continuing to stay strong with him.

“I’m grateful to earn an offer from UCSB,” Manyang said. “UCSB likes my skill set and the impact I can bring to the game, as well as my height, effort, and energy. Hofstra, La Salle, Siena, and others (continue to stay strong in his recruitment).

Manyang has already taken unofficial visits to Hofstra and Siena, as he got a chance to watch Hofstra’s practice and a scrimmage at Siena. But he also mentioned that there are schools that he will be visiting soon but nothing has been set since he just is getting back from his injury.

The fact we just offered 6'9 2022 Bobby Klintman 3 weeks ago makes me think that we are shopping for another big.

Manyang was 7' 4* elite big before his injury..maybe we are one of those other schools..probably not..but worth keeping an eye on..

Last edited:

BGDragoon80

Insider

Though Manyang is just getting back on the court, that doesn’t mean his recruitment has slowed down. He just earned another offer from UCSB recently and holds offers from Hofstra, VCU, Siena, Saint Louis, Bryant, Charlotte, UMass, George Mason, NJIT, Seton Hall,

When speaking to him about the latest in his recruitment, he talked about his latest offer and who else has been continuing to stay strong with him.

“I’m grateful to earn an offer from UCSB,” Manyang said. “UCSB likes my skill set and the impact I can bring to the game, as well as my height, effort, and energy. Hofstra, La Salle, Siena, and others (continue to stay strong in his recruitment).

Manyang has already taken unofficial visits to Hofstra and Siena, as he got a chance to watch Hofstra’s practice and a scrimmage at Siena. But he also mentioned that there are schools that he will be visiting soon but nothing has been set since he just is getting back from his injury.

The fact we just offered 6'9 2022 Bobby Klintman 3 weeks ago makes me think that we are shopping for another big.

Manyang was 7' 4* elite big before his injury..maybe we are one of those other schools..probably not..but worth keeping an eye on..
I am not sure he is considered an elite big man based on his offers. Seem more like a project with potential. What type of player he becomes is based on how he develops.

I trust our coaching staff with getting us guards and wings. The jury is still out on the bigs recruited. Hopefully Deloach (currently) and Fermin changes that.

Last edited: