Recruiting 2022 Offers

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Thank you. Yes he does. It also sounds like the type of players we recruit. Players with crazy athleticism, length, and potential with a high ceilings. Players not 4 or 5 stars. H. Ward and Jamir were under the radar. Jalen D seems like another one. Coach seems to find these types of players.
Hason chose us over UGA and Rutgers. Jamir was down to St Johns, WVa, Seton Hall (and maybe Va Tech; I'm still not sure whether they were serious). Jalen was K State and Clemson. Don't really think you could say that any of them were under the radar snags. The dearly departed Tre Clark was under the radar, as wS Curry.

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Thank you. Yes he does. It also sounds like the type of players we recruit. Players with crazy athleticism, length, and potential with a high ceilings. Players not 4 or 5 stars. H. Ward and Jamir were under the radar. Jalen D seems like another one. Coach seems to find these types of players.
We don't recruit 4 stars? I mean, that might be true if we forget about Bones, Ace, Watkins and Vince, or put it another way, 80% of our minutes and scoring.

zackry93

Top Member
Insider
Mar 14, 2016
Hason chose us over UGA and Rutgers. Jamir was down to St Johns, WVa, Seton Hall (and maybe Va Tech; I'm still not sure whether they were serious). Jalen was K State and Clemson. Don't really think you could say that any of them were under the radar snags. The dearly departed Tre Clark was under the radar, as wS Curry.
VT had Jamir for an official visit but got 2 commits from wings rated around 100th in the country including the guy from Monacan. If you remember he actually visited there after the VCU official visit and then committed here. So they probably backed off some but were serious about trying to get him.

Last edited:
Reactions: N Mollen
Apr 9, 2015
Agree with your comments. . I misspoke in my comments. Very few players are under the radar anymore. With all the the tournaments and recruiting services covering the players it is difficult to be under the radar.

Reactions: N Mollen

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

And Bill Walton stated the other night that Michael Jordan wanted to go to UCLA - and UCLA blew him off. :lol: Just had to put that out there. 8-)

Mar 2, 2014
And Bill Walton stated the other night that Michael Jordan wanted to go to UCLA - and UCLA blew him off. :lol: Just had to put that out there. 8-)
And in the next sentence he said MJ's second choice was UVA with Ralph, but he might have gotten cutoff before he finished that story.

Mar 2, 2014
I'm with you!!! A lot of people can't tolerate him, but I love his "out in left field" comments. Sometimes, it's like listening to Wikipedia while watching basketball. The guy is absolutely hilarious.
"Have you ever walked through the dessert with a wildcat attached to your back?"