2022 Offseason

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Heads up! Later this week, Rams Rewind podcast is going to launch its offseason newcomers series, starting with an interview with Christian Fermin's high school coach, Rich Williams. That episode is scheduled for Wednesday, and I'll post about it here when it's ready to go. It will be followed by additional episodes highlighting Billups, Johns, Jackson, Lawal, and Shriver. They'll be spread out so that they lead into our season preview episode in late October/early November.

Awesome!

duncanlamb

Elite Member
For those who have complained that Mason needs to do their part and schedule a better OOC..I've noticed that Kim English and his staff open on the road at Auburn and on neutral court with Boston College 11/18.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
For those who have complained that Mason needs to do their part and schedule a better OOC..I've noticed that Kim English and his staff open on the road at Auburn and on neutral court with Boston College 11/18.
Even though the inevitable reply to this is "Mason sucks", at least they are scheduling P5s outside of early-season tournaments and at the moment we can't say the same thing except for the Vanderbilt home game (Penn State is up in the air). Saint Louis probably has the most interesting OOC schedule so far, though, based on what's been revealed.

SteveMM

Elite Member
Even though the inevitable reply to this is "Mason sucks", at least they are scheduling P5s outside of early-season tournaments and at the moment we can't say the same thing except for the Vanderbilt home game (Penn State is up in the air). Saint Louis probably has the most interesting OOC schedule so far, though, based on what's been revealed.
It's great that they're scheduling those games and it's good for our conference SoS, but I think we need to be honest about why Auburn and Boston College are willing to schedule those games. It's because they think there's little chance they'll lose.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
It's great that they're scheduling those games and it's good for our conference SoS, but I think we need to be honest about why Auburn and Boston College are willing to schedule those games. It's because they think there's little chance they'll lose.
Probably.

Mercury

Elite Member

The game vs BC is an early season tournament.

Mason getting a buy game vs Auburn says more about them than it does about us.

SteveMM

Elite Member
As promised, Rams Rewind podcast is back with a series of Newcomer Roundup episodes, highlighting the six new players coming to the Rams this year. First up is an interview with Rich Williams, high school coach of Christian Fermin. Listen at the link or on your favorite podcast site!

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Mason sucks.

RAM_IT

Elite Member
As promised, Rams Rewind podcast is back with a series of Newcomer Roundup episodes, highlighting the six new players coming to the Rams this year. First up is an interview with Rich Williams, high school coach of Christian Fermin. Listen at the link or on your favorite podcast site!

Some nice nuggets in there about Fermin. Interesting about him possibly still growing and coach Byers thinks he's above 6'10 now.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Some nice nuggets in there about Fermin. Interesting about him possibly still growing and coach Byers thinks he's above 6'10 now.
I'll be interested to see what his official measurement is now. Maybe he's 6-11?