2022 Offseason

SteveMM

Elite Member
Some nice nuggets in there about Fermin. Interesting about him possibly still growing and coach Byers thinks he's above 6'10 now.
That was the one that jumped out at me as well. Also, I love that his coach forced him to learn his natural position first, before allowing him to operate away from the basket.

The host, George Templeton, does the recording of all of these episodes. I do minor edits, add music and the intro/outtro, write brief show notes, and then publish. Because I don't do a TON of actual content editing, when I listen it's new to me :D

PhantomRam

Elite Member
In some ways this is where I feel sorry for the kids. Most of their life they are built up to be the next coming of Kobe. Coaches fill their heads with falsities but in truth some of them are unprepared for collage both academically and athletically. Freshman year they realize they are no longer "best" on their team but maybe #10 or #13. The bubble burst and they have nothing to fall back on. The fact is not that the grass is greener on the other side, some of them just never had any grass seed to begin with.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
There are players in the transfer portal that do not want to be there. Not every player decided to transfer on their own. I also think the extra COVID year and grad players have not only hurt incoming high school players but also players in the portal.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
Let's not forget that some of these players were likely told to move on by their college coaches or their scholarship was not being renewed or that if they stay, they will ride pine and likely not get any playing time.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
One former Ram who still plays overseas said Toibu is the most athletic guy he's ever seen and don't be surprised if he's getting 10-15 minutes per game next year.
For a number of reasons, I will be surprised if he is getting 10-15 min next year. I believe in Tobi but I'll have a lot of questions if he is a 10-15 min guy next year(injuries withstanding that force him into those minutes)