2022 Offseason

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Yeah one could make an argument against almost 90% of them. Kyle Neptune by going to Nova is at 47 based on what?
At least Neptune has actually coached a full season of D1 basketball.

Also, that Greg McDer- guy seems pretty decent. Hopefully he's less racist than Greg McDermott.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
Another one of those impossible task but there are some obvious misses

yeah, I'm not sure what their criteria were, but I would move some around. I can understand Self, but considering where they are Mark Few's accomplishments are much more remarkable. Calipari 3? No! According to a brief look here Coach Rhoades is the top coach in the A10! Yes! Even with a few big name additions. I saw Shaka's picture, but not his name, is he on there? Yeah, Scheyer and Herbert Davis are a little high (maybe a lot high). Let them have a few years and see how they look with their own players and a little longer track record, then we'll see. In a couple years they may both EARN being ranked much higher, or maybe turn out to be much lower. They both have BIG shoes to fill.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
yeah, I'm not sure what their criteria were, but I would move some around. I can understand Self, but considering where they are Mark Few's accomplishments are much more remarkable. Calipari 3? No! According to a brief look here Coach Rhoades is the top coach in the A10! Yes! Even with a few big name additions. I saw Shaka's picture, but not his name, is he on there? Yeah, Scheyer and Herbert Davis are a little high (maybe a lot high). Let them have a few years and see how they look with their own players and a little longer track record, then we'll see. In a couple years they may both EARN being ranked much higher, or maybe turn out to be much lower. They both have BIG shoes to fill.
Shaka is #51

SteveMM

Elite Member
I wasn't sure where to put this since it's about two players, but we have a new episode of Rams Rewind to share! In this latest in our Newcomers Roundup series, we talk to Kellen Voss from Maize N Brew, a University of Michigan blog on the SB Nation site, about transfers Zeb Jackson and Brandon Johns. Enjoy at the link below or at your favorite podcast site!

Last edited:

HBK

Elite Member
At least Neptune has actually coached a full season of D1 basketball.

Also, that Greg McDer- guy seems pretty decent. Hopefully he's less racist than Greg McDermott.
Somehow he is ahead of Hubert Davis, who though while only a head coach for a single season, did pretty freaking well.

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Always wanted more compliance with this. I hope to gawd we can make this a movement this year.
I attend games with a dedicated poll worker who has come in halfway through the games and/or had to miss them all together.
The NCAA should hop on board. I hope VCU Hoops does, too.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/16/1117...-vote-the-nba-wont-hold-games-on-election-day

"The scheduling decision came out of the NBA family's focus on promoting nonpartisan civic engagement and encouraging fans to make a plan to vote during midterm elections," the league said in a tweet.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/16/nba-wont-host-games-on-election-day-00052168

In the months before Election Day — which is on Tuesday, Nov. 8 — teams will distribute information about the voting process and registration in their respective states.

Ramdog

Elite Member
Always wanted more compliance with this. I hope to gawd we can make this a movement this year.
I attend games with a dedicated poll worker who has come in halfway through the games and/or had to miss them all together.
The NCAA should hop on board. I hope VCU Hoops does, too.

https://www.npr.org/2022/08/16/1117...-vote-the-nba-wont-hold-games-on-election-day

"The scheduling decision came out of the NBA family's focus on promoting nonpartisan civic engagement and encouraging fans to make a plan to vote during midterm elections," the league said in a tweet.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/16/nba-wont-host-games-on-election-day-00052168

In the months before Election Day — which is on Tuesday, Nov. 8 — teams will distribute information about the voting process and registration in their respective states.

I never vote on Election Day…beat the crowds..vote early

and often