2022 Offseason

SteveMM

Elite Member
If the likes of Binghamton and Lexington KY can support AHL teams, no reason Richmond cannot. I don't think it was always a lack of support in Richmond for hockey, some of the organizations that come into Richmond to run the teams were downright dismal. Not sure what NHL team would team up with us, I would think the Caps are entrenched with Hershey.
Oh yes ... all of them were run poorly. With the original Renegades, it had little to do with lack of attendance. I used to be the news director of 990am back in the mid/late 90s when it was a news station. We aired the Renegades games at night, and I can tell you there was an uproar when there was something wrong with our signal or our very early internet stream. We even had fans from out of town call up and asked to be put on hold so they could listen to the games. The teams after them (Riverdogs, new Renegades, etc.) were an inferior product that no one really was interested in, but they still drew some crowds.

So ... yeah, I think we could potentially support an AHL team if the facility was right and the team was run well.

I think most people on this board know what kind of a team we will have this year.

Many victories are already in the book, based on the schedule. That said, what will be VCU's record in the two games in Brooklyn, vs. Memphis, vs. Vandy, vs. Temple and the two vs. Dayton? Those seven will go a long way in determining any national exposure. All along, my prediction is 25-6 ...

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider
Many victories are already in the book, based on the schedule. That said, what will be VCU's record in the two games in Brooklyn, vs. Memphis, vs. Vandy, vs. Temple and the two vs. Dayton? Those seven will go a long way in determining any national exposure. All along, my prediction is 25-6 ...
5-2 or 4-3.

SpiderRAM

Elite Member
Insider
I saw an Instagram post on VCU Athletics about an RAF event. I checked my email and found nothing. Maybe it was above my donor level. 🤔

Not to change the subject, but top 144 basketball previews came in with a preseason ranking of #50 for VCU, 3rd in A10.

buckwheat

Elite Member
you already touched this but i feel like this is if you know you know situation
Yep. Can’t fault them though. In a way, it’s understandable.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Jamir Watkins would have been the best player on our team last year. He will be a monster this year. Just my opinion. The kid has that “it” factor. Of course, I could be wrong. But the national folks tend to minimize this impact.

Yep. Can’t fault them though. In a way, it’s understandable.

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Jamir Watkins would have been the best player on our team last year. He will be a monster this year. Just my opinion. The kid has that “it” factor. Of course, I could be wrong. But the national folks tend to minimize this impact.
but even if it’s not watkins it’ll be someone else