2022 Offseason

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

duncanlamb

Elite Member

Brandon John's in the NCAA tourney under the bright lights. Infinitely more skilled than all the 3 of the departed bigs combined. No more watching Ace forcing an alley-oop so Hasan gets the ball. A legitimate 3 pt threat too. A guy who runs who flash in the post. A guy who won't be faced by the A10 because he experienced the Big 10.

He's gonna be our version if Josh Oduro!!

Shades of Skeen here!!

I am stoked!!

HBK

Elite Member

Brandon John's in the NCAA tourney under the bright lights. Infinitely more skilled than all the 3 of the departed bigs combined. No more watching Ace forcing an alley-oop so Hasan gets the ball. A legitimate 3 pt threat too. A guy who runs who flash in the post. A guy who won't be faced by the A10 because he experienced the Big 10.

Shades of Skeen here!!

I am stoked!!
Within the first two plays on this video, you can see he’s more skilled offensively than any big we’ve had in years.

WI.Ram10

Elite Member

Shades of Skeen here!!

I am stoked!!
He looked thicker in those highlights than he has for workouts clips I’ve seen this summer and fall. It isn’t the potential and flashes for Johns. Clearly that’s there. It’s been he has never done it consistently. Would be huge if he could piece it together for us. Way higher ceiling than a guy like Levi did

RAM_IT

Elite Member
If he's listed at 240 maybe his ideal playing weight is 220-230 especially playing faster paced so I'd rather that than him bulk up 20 lbs. Agree he's an upgrade on the floor, sometimes you just need the minutes and the opportunities.

1664478813627-png.21670

1664478865229-png.21671

1664478889233-png.21672
Maybe I’m drinking too much off-season kool-aid but I think we’ll also have a second team all conference player. Watkins/Nunn/Johns/Deloach…one of these guys is going to shine beyond preseason expectations. Book it.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Maybe I’m drinking too much off-season kool-aid but I think we’ll also have a second team all conference player. Watkins/Nunn/Johns/Deloach…one of these guys is going to shine beyond preseason expectations. Book it.
Agreed. I think Ace will be an obvious all A10 player (potential first teamer) and someone in the Watkins/Nunn/Jackson backcourt or JohnsJr/DeLoach front court will step up and be an all conference player.

Hops

Elite Member
Insider
Like many on this board, I have high hopes for Johns. My money is on Nunn having a breakout year, too. Decent size and all the tools. Scored 8.6 peg last year.

SteveMM

Elite Member
With the A10 Media Day upon us, it seemed like it was a good time to talk about roster construction. On this all new episode of Rams Rewind, host George Templeton talks with Wayne Epps, Jr. from the RTD, about the players making up the team this season.

Note: This episode was recorded last night, so it's BEFORE the media day announcements.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Offseason thread is dying off BUT I wanted to say that Logan Rhoades is moving from the defensive backfield to QB1 tomorrow night for Godwin. They play Deep Run. The Godwin QB got hurt and they decided to go with Rhoades.