Recruiting 2022 Transfer Portal

LQuarles

Elite Member
Insider
Welcome to the modern era. Many said the transfer portal would lead to this and I'll repeat, a large majority of schools are going to struggle mightily with rebuild efforts.
This is one reason why I love that our staff is primarily going for recruits out of high school, unless we have a chance at landing a legit pro prospect from the transfer portal, at a position he'll immediately be a starter at, and there are no questions about his ability. Look at Nunn vs. Tsohonis, a starter vs. spot bench player from an average P5 school. A school like VCU needs talented yet disciplined kids from disciplined families that are willing to work hard and stay for the long term and win, not kids who want instant gratification and aren't fully all in. Our roster is full of those guys and getting fuller.

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Christian Ray, Kyle Thompson, and Anwar Gill are all transferring from La Salle.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Just from what i have read so far, we are up to about 10 transfers that we already want from other A10 teams.
That list on the first page is just notable transfers from the conference and some opponents we've played (well, just one at the moment). I'm not going to keep updating it forever.

Ramlove81

Elite Member
we need shooters, its just that simple.
Yes, but if you give up 10 more points to get 5 more points, it really doesn't help much. We do need some guys who can shoot the three consistently, but we don't need flatfooted guys who can't move and don't play tough on D. I haven't paid enough attention to Funk on the defensive end to know how he' fit there.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
We have shooters...just alot less unforced turnovers.
Don’t look at out 3 point shooting the last 5-6 games if you want to keep believing that. And the 3 point numbers for the season aren’t good either.