Recruiting 2023 4-Star DeShawn Harris-Smith

2023 DeShawn Harris-Smith is a 6’5” wing out of the basketball factory that is Paul VI High School outside of Washington, DC. Harris-Smith plays with Team Takeover on the Nike EYBL circuit during the spring/summer.

A 4-star recruit according to virtually all recruiting services, VCU, once again, got in on the ground floor by offering him last summer. They're competing on the recruiting trail with the likes of Villanova, LSU, Texas Tech, Georgetown, St. John’s, Xavier, and Rutgers, amongst others.

Check out everything there is to know about his game in this detailed evaluation: Player Evaluation.

RAMification

Elite Member
Although we have not had a lot of luck with Paul VI prospects over the years our coaches were in very early on DeShawn. Hopefully that can be a difference maker. When you think of Harris-Smith three words come to mind - tough, tough, tough. This kid relishes contact. He would be an amazing get. He is a consensus 4* with a ranking of #67 on Rivals and #88 on 247sports(not composite).

Our staff is in on some phenomenal high-school guards. All are highly rated and we face elite competition for their services.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
This is the kind of recruit (along with Fats) that makes me think the staff knows what they're doing with Shrivel and Tobi. They can definitely identify potential talent.

HTTRams!

Elite Member
Per @HTTRams!

This ain't happening
I am just going based off what I see. I haven't asked them anything, nor will I. Knowing his mom though when we were younger and from what I know now, I believe they are good parents and I am happy for them....but I do not expect him here.

Newboy, Mason is DEFFFF not in the hunt, lol. You must be on crack.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
I am just going based off what I see. I haven't asked them anything, nor will I. Knowing his mom though when we were younger and from what I know now, I believe they are good parents and I am happy for them....but I do not expect him here.

Mason is a dark horse for Jamie Kaiser right now. But it seems like he will end up at UVA.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider

No. Meth.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
If Kaiser ends up at UVa, does that improve our chances with Dillone?
Maybe. Bennet's seems to be bringing in several guards and wings. If signs any of them, it will help us with freddie although it looks we'vw are offered several new wings in the billups mold.