Recruiting 2023 4-Star DeShawn Harris-Smith

duncanlamb

Elite Member

Well, maybe we still have a shot! It seems as though the coaching change at Nova has open the door vcu to maybe do something..that is, if the staff is interested.

"Villanova: “I just took an official visit down there and I was with coach Neptune a lot. Our relationship is growing. I feel like Villanova is still a great option for me. His message was that he liked my ability to put the ball in the basket, the same as coach Jay Wright. I feel like the way I could've played for Jay Wright is the same way I could play for coach Neptune.”

As of right now, Harris-Smith says his recruitment is still 100% open and he knows what he wants in a program.

just want to have a great relationship with the coach,” he said. “That's my biggest thing. I want the coach to trust me in and for me to trust in the coach. I feel like the schools recruiting me have been doing a great job in that. I also want to be able to play as soon as I come in and have great skill development.”

Ramlove81

Elite Member

Well, maybe we still have a shot! It seems as though the coaching change at Nova has open the door vcu to maybe do something..that is, if the staff is interested.

"Villanova: “I just took an official visit down there and I was with coach Neptune a lot. Our relationship is growing. I feel like Villanova is still a great option for me. His message was that he liked my ability to put the ball in the basket, the same as coach Jay Wright. I feel like the way I could've played for Jay Wright is the same way I could play for coach Neptune.”

As of right now, Harris-Smith says his recruitment is still 100% open and he knows what he wants in a program.

just want to have a great relationship with the coach,” he said. “That's my biggest thing. I want the coach to trust me in and for me to trust in the coach. I feel like the schools recruiting me have been doing a great job in that. I also want to be able to play as soon as I come in and have great skill development.”
I have no idea of Villanova's returners, this years or next years recruiting classes, but I have to think we may be able (though pretty deep at his position) to have a little more to offer in that last sentence (play right away and player development, though I'm sure Nova will be good in the later). We have a lot of really good players we are in on right now. I'm hopeful we can land a couple of them.