RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
To save folks a click

Dayton 6 seed AQ
St. Louis 8 seed At Large

VCU - Next four out
Loyola - Next Four out

Inb4 bracketology in May is pointless
I'd like to hope they are wrong about us. VCU has not missed the tournament in back to back years since the 04-05 & 05-06 seasons. *knocks on wood*.

Hoping that trend continues.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I'd like to hope they are wrong about us. VCU has not missed the tournament in back to back years since the 04-05 & 05-06 seasons. *knocks on wood*.

Hoping that trend continues.
Pundits like Rothstein have been championing the A10 as a 3 to 4 bid league next season. It stinks that an A10 guy does not even give the league credit for that in preseason prognostications.

Ramcounter

Elite Member
It's as absurd as an NFL mock draft this time of year. Two years ago at this point they wouldn't have had VCU in the tournament at all, let alone as a 10-seed. Last year, they probably would have had us in because the injury bug hadn't hit yet.
I take it as a way to measure expectations going into a season. That was a great job by MR and the team to earn that 10 seed. 2019 when they were preseason top 25 and missed both the tournament and NIT was obviously a major head scratcher.

VCU has a lot to replace in the front court so and questions for 3 point shooting production. IMHO bubble contention feels about right.

Daetin a 6 seed? :shock:
They return their top eight players from a team that beat National Champs Kansas and Elite Eight Miami on a neutral floor last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dayton start next season ranked.

It also baffles me how Joe Lunardi has managed to gain so much credibility and why people put so much weight into his bracket projections. He's the Mel Kiper Jr. of college basketball.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Again the love for St. Louis continues. How many times can they be wrong before the light bulb comes on.
To be fair, they have Javonte Perkins and Yuri Collins back, and Gibson Jimerson was one of the best freshmen in the nation last season. SLU will probably also be ranked at the start of the season.