2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT BRACKETOLOGY BY JOE LUNARDI

This is just a gauge of how reloading has been going for D1. Clearly every team is subject to actually doing something with their new rosters. Nothing is automatic or foolproof. It does no harm seeing what someone with a staff who has time to look at the whole of D1 has to say.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Is his name pronounced Sissy?
“Cissé” is pronounced “see-say”

Had committed to SMU before decommitting. Athletic 7-footer weighing 245, went to the same school as Osun Osunniyi. Definitely not a sissy.

RamDanFan

Elite Member
You have no way of guaranteeing that. On paper one of our teams was predicted to be amazing one year and they absolutely crashed. On the flip side we had teams that were predicted low and performed better than expected. We have no way of knowing how this team will do when we’ve had so many changes not to mention about 60% of last years scoring is gone. Right now we know who could fill that but whether or not that happens is anybody's guess.

So your saying there’s a chance? The post went meant to differentiate that happening, since your post made it so to me that each outcome is equally plausible.

Last edited:
So your saying there’s a chance? The post went meant to differentiate that happening, since your post made it so to me that each outcome is equally plausible.

You said chances of the going sideways is no (Essentially not happening.) You can not guarantee that unless you can see into the future. If you can I’d like some lottery numbers and some stock insight.

rammad90

Elite Member
As I said before, Shriver fills a major gap that we couldn’t work around last season - we didn’t have very good perimeter offense. Even if he’s only playing 8-10 minutes a game, if he can hit, say, 2 or 3 threes during that time, that’s a valuable addition.
I agree. Shriver isnt a shiny 4-5 star guy who didnt work out at his last stop. Shriver is a gritty kid, who has continued to get better at every stop, every year.

Mike and crew are betting on more growth next year as well. TSO could shoot but he couldn't give us anything else. Also, he was a streaky shooter. High percentage but it was feast or famine with him. Did I mention he didnt give us much else. I do wish him well and think there is a place for him in DI (he's proven that much). Just not a fit here.

Shriver is a bigger and taller guy. He does rebound, he wont get hurt taking a charge and in the paint people wont be able to just back him down.

I agree he fills a major gap, with his shooting and he will be serviceable in other areas we need as well. We play D, we can teach him D all he needs is desire.

I think he will be fine. Remember Troy wasnt the most athletic or complete ball player ever in a ram uniform. However, he won some games and did ok afterward. David could do the same. As Chris Cheeks once told me everyone likes shooting 3's but its rare when you find a guy who can really shoot. I think Shriver will fit that mode.