Recruiting 2023 offers

Ramlove81

Elite Member
I'll continue to be optimistic until given a reason not to be. We don't know what this guy is looking for, what relationships have been built or how thing will play out in coming weeks and months. We have upped our recruiting profile the last couple of years and this may be a sign that we are still looking to up it in the future.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
Shooting our shot, lol. Almost a complete waste of time offering guys like this but hey, never know if you don't try.
I'd argue its not a waste of time as recruiting is neither singular nor linear. Relationships is a huge part of recruiting and this is an opportunity to build/improve upon a relationship that even if Edwards does not land at VCU could pay huge dividends in the future.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

Carton Carrington out of SFA!

MANALAPAN, NEW JERSEY -- This past June and July, Carlton Carrington caught 247Sports' eyes while playing with Baltimore (Md.) St. Frances Academy and with Team Melo U16 program.

The 6-foot-3, 175-pound combo guard was one 2023 prospect we knew to keep an eye on and when Carrington took the floor again on Saturday in New Jersey at the MADE Hoops High School Academy East Camp, he proved to be an emerging high major prospect in the class.

His recruitment has gradually been gaining momentum and with continued performances like he played in New Jersey, schools will be jumping in sooner rather than later.

"It's been going well, real well for me," he said.

George Washington has made him a top priority early and other schools like Pittsburgh, Rutgers, George Mason, VCU and Temple have all been showing interest

Where do things stand with each of those programs?

George Mason: "I like it, I like coach Kimmie [Kim English], he's from where I'm from and I have known him for a while. I like it."

George Washington: "Ryan Devlin has been telling me that the school is mine basically. They're asking me when can I get down there for a visit. They say they really like my game, it would fit in their style of play and I don't disagree with them."

VCU: "Coach Jamal was talking to me and I definitely have a relationship with coach Jamal. They're definitely in consideration."

It's still early in Carrington's recruiting process with more schools to likely jump in the mix but he knows what he is looking for in a program.

"I'm looking for a style of play, real free-flowing, definitely a free-flowing style of play and that's the only real thing that I am looking for," he said.

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider