Recruiting 2023 offers

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

The name that should begin picking up significant steam in the 2023 class is George School/Team Final F Kachi Nzeh. The 6-foot-8, 215-pound junior had a productive summer and made his mark playing on a Team Final 16U squad that had plenty of success, which came in large part due to Nzeh’s presence in the paint. Maryland hosted him for an unofficial visit in late September and IMS caught up with him to discuss it.

Other schools that stand out to Nzeh right now include Iowa, Penn State, Miami and VCU. UConn has begin expressing interest but has yet to pull a trigger on an offer.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

Phenom: Your recruitment was going steady before but when you announced that you would be part of the 2023 class, it really took off. What has that been like, seeing your recruitment take off?
Dilione: I think it is about time, just a little bit of the work coming to people’s attention but I just have to remain humble.

Phenom: What have the coaches in general been saying they like about your game?
Dilione: They love my game; they think of me as a versatile guard that can make a play or score at any time.

Phenom: Schools like Houston, Penn State, Xavier, and others all offered when you were part of the class of 2022. Have they been staying in touch with you?
Dilione: No contact with them.

Phenom: After your recruitment, schools like LSU, Virginia The, Wake Forest, VCU, Charleston, and Radford all offered. What did they have to say about your game and was there any offer that grabbed your attention?
Dilione: They all love my game. VCU is hard on getting me the most.

Phenom: Have you been able to visit any schools?
Dilione: VCU and Wake Forest.

Phenom: Do you have any schools you want to visit down the road? Any dates?
Dilione: Not yet

Phenom: When learning and looking at these schools, is there any that you are looking at specifically?
Diliione: VCU.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

"Moving onto a player who possesses as much talent and raw ability as anyone within the state, Freddie Dilione. He’s a long, skilled, athletic wing prospect with the necessary size, creation skills, and three-level scoring prowess to consistently dominate an offense. Dilione can apply scoring pressure from anywhere on the floor, but has the vision and defensive instincts to alter his approach as needed. Next in his development process is working to highlight his playmaking ability more frequently, as it would make him even more difficult for opponents to contain. Coach Bernardi on Dilione: “In any gym that Freddie walks into, he has a legitimate case to be the most talented player. At his size, his ball-handling and shot-making abilities are very impressive. He can create his own shot very well. The question with Freddie will be how does he impact winning. He must continue to defend and showcase his passing abilities. Great kid who will probably make a lot of money playing this game.” Dilione continues to look like a noteworthy prospect and will be a target for all types of programs over these next few years. ".