Recruiting 2023 offers

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Lamothe seemed to give Maryland the inside track. Now with Turgeon's departure. Here is the latest from Colby.

He is set to release his top 10 list on December 12.

"
Wwith the recent announcement of Mark Turgeon's resignation, it’s going to be a fluid process with prospects between now and when the school officially names the head coach of the future.

“I had been hearing there was a chance that Coach Turgeon may leave for a few weeks now,” Lamothe told IMS following St. Frances’ win over DeMatha Sunday evening. “Just between people saying things to me and the usual stuff that you see on Twitter. My reaction to it all didn’t change how I look at Maryland. Besides, I’ve been talking with Coach Manning the most, so it doesn’t really change my mindset with Maryland.”

"
Lamothe was set to release a final list of 10 schools that he would be moving forward with on December 12 but will push that date back with other schools that have entered into the mix."

“I’m just going to wait on releasing my list and focus more on my season, but if I were to release one Maryland would definitely be on my list," he said.
"Lamothe took an official visit to LSU this fall and followed with an unofficial visit to Ohio State. Georgetown has been the program who has been out most frequently this fall and early winter to watch Lamothe in workouts, practices and games. St. Frances picked up two quality wins this weekend over Huntington Prep and DeMatha. Despite Lamothe not shooting well as he normally does, he showcased his ability to impact the game in other ways. Now considered as a top-20 program currently, more eyes will be following St. Frances as the season progresses. "

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

CARLTON CARRINGTON, 6’4” GUARD, CLASS OF 2023

Carrington came into the weekend with his stock trending upward. He did nothing but support that trend with his play, producing a balanced 12.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 1.5 steals per contest. Although he didn’t shoot it well from the field, he showed a knack for making timely plays to go along with a smooth floor game and a versatile skillset.

Throughout his team’s two games, the nearly 6’5” guard took on various offensive roles of scorer, facilitator, and some occasional primary ball handling duties. He shoots it well from 3 and has a potent midrange pull-up going right. Perhaps the most impressive aspect of his game was how he competed defensively against Xavier-bound DeMatha wing Tyrell Ward. College coaches love nothing more than a talented offensive player who gets down and defends with consistent fundamentals and desire. With Carrington, the dozens of coaches in attendance caught a good glimpse of those qualities. He holds offers from the likes of VCU, DePaul, George Washington, Pittsburgh, George Mason, Rutgers, and Loyola.

@HTTRams!

DESHAWN HARRIS-SMITH, 6’5” WING, CLASS OF 2023

There weren’t many players who were more impressive than Harris-Smith. He averaged 16.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals over both games.

Harris-Smith’s twitter handle is @thatdogdeshawn, which perfectly captures who he is on the court: a dogged defender who is up in your face playing a physical brand of ball on both ends. A Swiss army knife type of player, his fingerprints were all over both games, impacting them with his aggression, versatile skillset, and imposing his will on the opposition.

I’ve never seen his jumper look better. He shot it with fluidity and confidence, and used his success from outside to keep the defense honest enough to do what he does best: attack the basket with ferociousness. While the lefty continues to grow in strength, he looked extremely comfortable handling the ball out front; and is always a threat to board and push it up himself to get into the paint and finish or find his teammates for open looks.

Harris-Smith currently has offers from schools such as Georgetown, Penn State, LSU, Rutgers, George Mason, VCU, and St. John’s.

Last edited:

Ramlove81

Elite Member

CARLTON CARRINGTON, 6’4” GUARD, CLASS OF 2023

Carrington came into the weekend with his stock trending upward. He did nothing but support that trend with his play, producing a balanced 12.5 points, 6.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 1.5 steals per contest. Although he didn’t shoot it well from the field, he showed a knack for making timely plays to go along with a smooth floor game and a versatile skillset.

Throughout his team’s two games, the nearly 6’5” guard took on various offensive roles of scorer, facilitator, and some occasional primary ball handling duties. He shoots it well from 3 and has a potent midrange pull-up going right. Perhaps the most impressive aspect of his game was how he competed defensively against Xavier-bound DeMatha wing Tyrell Ward. College coaches love nothing more than a talented offensive player who gets down and defends with consistent fundamentals and desire. With Carrington, the dozens of coaches in attendance caught a good glimpse of those qualities. He holds offers from the likes of VCU, DePaul, George Washington, Pittsburgh, George Mason, Rutgers, and Loyola.

@HTTRams!

DESHAWN HARRIS-SMITH, 6’5” WING, CLASS OF 2023

There weren’t many players who were more impressive than Harris-Smith. He averaged 16.5 points, 8.5 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals over both games.

Harris-Smith’s twitter handle is @thatdogdeshawn, which perfectly captures who he is on the court: a dogged defender who is up in your face playing a physical brand of ball on both ends. A Swiss army knife type of player, his fingerprints were all over both games, impacting them with his aggression, versatile skillset, and imposing his will on the opposition.

I’ve never seen his jumper look better. He shot it with fluidity and confidence, and used his success from outside to keep the defense honest enough to do what he does best: attack the basket with ferociousness. While the lefty continues to grow in strength, he looked extremely comfortable handling the ball out front; and is always a threat to board and push it up himself to get into the paint and finish or find his teammates for open looks.

Harris-Smith currently has offers from schools such as Georgetown, Penn State, LSU, Rutgers, George Mason, VCU, and St. John’s.

Really impressed with the Harris-Smith kids ability to finish through contact. We could use him this year.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
I talked to colby this morning. It looks like Lamothe is pushing his top 10 selection several weeks.