Recruiting 2023 Offers

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
As much "conversation" as there is around MR, the last thing he needs is to have Logan on the team. It's a recipe for 4 years of criticism. Any game that is not a career game for him would raise the question of if he were not the coaches kid would he get X minutes and so on. Of course that could just be my take. I feel that the young men in Syracuse hurt the team as much as they helped the team this year. More than once I found myself question decision made this year watching them play

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Why are people talking about Logan? He needs to go to a place where he can get playing time. Mike Rhoades was a great player at his level. If his college self was magically transported to current day VCU, then he’d play about as much as Arnold Henderson.

Last edited:

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
As much "conversation" as there is around MR, the last thing he needs is to have Logan on the team. It's a recipe for 4 years of criticism. Any game that is not a career game for him would raise the question of if he were not the coaches kid would he get X minutes and so on. Of course that could just be my take. I feel that the young men in Syracuse hurt the team as much as they helped the team this year. More than once I found myself question decision made this year watching them play

The ONLY way I see Logan on any VCU team is as a walk-on, and I don't see that happening. Also, I'm not sure he is even close to being D1 material, so I don't understand why posters are even talking about this. He's 6'2", appears to be a shooting guard and only averaged 8.1 ppg this season as a junior. He also averaged less than 1 assist and less than 1 steal per game. He's closer to DIII material than anything else.

Major Ram 2.0

Elite Member
Why are people talking about Logan? He needs to go to a place where he can get playing time. Mike Rhoades was a great player at his level. If his college self was magically transported to current day VCU, then he’d play about as much as Arnold Henderson.
That may be true today but 10 -12 years ago MR practiced with the team and was the best player on the floor. So I respectfully disagree.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
That may be true today but 10 -12 years ago MR practiced with the team and was the best player on the floor. So I respectfully disagree.
I don’t believe for a second that he was actually the best player on the floor.

At his very best, if Mike had to go up against Ace Baldwin, JeQuan Lewis, Briante Weber, etc., then it would not go well for him.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
The ONLY way I see Logan on any VCU team is as a walk-on, and I don't see that happening. Also, I'm not sure he is even close to being D1 material, so I don't understand why posters are even talking about this. He's 6'2", appears to be a shooting guard and only averaged 8.1 ppg this season as a junior. He also averaged less than 1 assist and less than 1 steal per game. He's closer to DIII material than anything else.
Interesting that you say that because I think Randolph-Macon would be an ideal landing spot for Logan if he doesn’t get any offers from a higher division.

vcu_baum

Elite Member
597BB1A0-75A9-4F56-9DB8-C0C05A2CC5D9.jpeg

I really love DPJs game and I think it would be awesome to have him come to vcu! I haven’t seen anything really linking us to him except his on3 page that has us at 12%. Hope Rhoades got some Marshall connections! Keep him in Richmond!

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

duncanlamb

Elite Member
https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...io-State-Basketball-Recruiting-185824637/Amp/

Earlier this year, four-star guard Lawrent Rice cut his list down to eight schools. Georgetown, Louisville, Kansas State, Marquette, Notre Dame, Ohio State, VCU, and Xavier all made the cut for the No. 94 ranked prospect in the 247Sports Top 150.
Unfortunately the article doesn't really go into his thoughts about VCU.

I created a thread for him including vcu in his final 8 in the recruiting forum 2 1/2 months ago . It is located 2/3's of the way down on the first page.

You will find his comments on vcu there.

duncanlamb

Elite Member