Recruiting 2023 Offers

duncanlamb

Elite Member

VCU target 2023 4* New Jersey POY Ty-Laur Johnson continues to blow up. We offered him 2 months ago.

He 's playing for the EYBL NY Rens AAU team. #2 in highlight reel.

6-0 PG Ty-Laur Johnson, NY Renaissance​

Ty-Laur Johnson was a dynamo all weekend. The quick on quick lead guard plays an aggressive style of basketball on both ends of the floor. He led his team to a five and zero record averaging 20.8 points, 6.6 assists, and 1.6 steals per game for EYBL Session 3.

As usual Big B and JD following!

Dude is quick is a quick prolific scorer...I mean quicker than any VCU pg I've ever scene. A Tenacious on ball defender!

His handle is @TyLaurJohnson2

The most important point though is that he is St. Benedict product: ( Melvin Johnson and Johnny Williams). The VCU connection is established.

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member
More on Ty-Laur Johnson's weekend!

,"2023 PG TyLaur Johnson (St. Benedict’s Prep, NJ) – One of the most undervalued prospects in the class, TyLaur Johnson, hopefully opened eyes for most national scouts that were in attendance in Louisville this weekend. The 6-foot-0 point guard took advantage of the point guard duties this past weekend, averaging 20.8 PPG 40% FG 33% 3PT and 6.6 APG through five games. Johnson exploded for 31 points and 25 points in back-to-back games to kick off his weekend. He is an elite facilitator that has great vision and floor awareness. He has that New York style shiftiness, proved he can score consistently, and a creative finisher.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
This is amazing. Here is the pangos all america Top 60 game lineup.

There are 3 guys which vcu is heavily targeting in the top 60 game.

Trey Green
Ty-Laur Johnson
Garvey Dual.

I can't remember vcu ever having one of our commits invited to pangos. Normally, Pangos prospects end up at high majors, blue bloods and the G-Leaugue.

The fact that a neither dillione, elmarko.jackson, nor silas demary tells you the caliber of players we are in the running for in '23.