Recruiting 2024 Offers

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider

duncanlamb

Elite Member

"Class of 2024, elite Ohio prospect, Jacob Theodosiou is a prospect that is heavy on the radar of a lot of programs and more will follow. He has begun to evolve as an all-around prospect. Teams like Villanova, West Virginia, Dayton, and Indiana have shown major interest. Now, VCU has begun to show interest in the 6-3 point guard. I recently got an update on his recruitment. He broke down his interest in Dayton, Loyola-Chicago, Ohio, and West Virginia. Along with updates on his upcoming visits and who he plans to schedule visits with. He also talked with me about the continued interest from Villanova for VUSports …

Leader Johnson: VCU, Saint Josephs and Drake have recently offered you. Talk about how long they have been interested and the relationship you have built with those three programs?

Jacob Theodosiou: VCU became interested during the live periods this past summer. Saint Joseph’s had been recruiting me for two years and Drake saw me play during the scholastic live period. I have gotten to know the coaches from all three programs really well. We talk frequently.

Leader Johnson: What visits do you want to schedule and which ones do you have coming up?

Jacob Theodosiou: Definitely planning a visit to Dayton. That will most likely be the first one. Will also schedule visits to VCU, Saint Joseph’s, and Ohio U. Will get to ‘Nova as well as they have asked for me to visit as well.

Last edited:
Scuttlebutt. Heard today at a social that we had a verbal from a 6'8" lower level recruit and was offered NIL money from another school and we lost out. Also heard that ACE was offered $150,000 to leave and he rejected it. This has gotten out of hand. MR is upset since the fund raising is focusing on the Athletic Village and not receiving support to compete with other schools offering significant NIL money. Any confirmation?

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Scuttlebutt. Heard today at a social that we had a verbal from a 6'8" lower level recruit and was offered NIL money from another school and we lost out. Also heard that ACE was offered $150,000 to leave and he rejected it. This has gotten out of hand. MR is upset since the fund raising is focusing on the Athletic Village and not receiving support to compete with other schools offering significant NIL money. Any confirmation?
No confirmation of either of those stories from me, but I can say that our NIL program is well-designed and funded, and is aimed at retention rather than recruiting. I don't know any specifics, but I think our existing roster is well-treated in this regard compared to the market generally.

HATE all of this, but it is the new world in which we live. And it is going to get nothing but worse now that anytime/anywhere transfers are a thing.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
You're saying we lost out on Ty Foster???

JDI

Insider
VCU cannot be involved in fund raising for NIL.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
VCU cannot be involved in fund raising for NIL.
…..but If ”donors” are asked to chose between the village and an NIL fund, the decision is easier if one is removed from the equation. That is what Auburn chose to do

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Discussions of what can and cannot be done proceed from an assumption that someone is enforcing rules, whatever they may be. That is a false assumption. There are no enforcers, so there are no rules. Donors can do whatever they want. Who's going to stop them?

I think we need to put away the archaic notion that there are limits.

t23e3

Elite Member
Discussions of what can and cannot be done proceed from an assumption that someone is enforcing rules, whatever they may be. That is a false assumption. There are no enforcers, so there are no rules. Donors can do whatever they want. Who's going to stop them?

I think we need to put away the archaic notion that there are limits.
How do I give VCU athletes NIL money? We need an NIL collective 😂

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
How do I give VCU athletes NIL money? We need an NIL collective 😂
Donate Here

The VCU Exchange is a student-athlete NIL business registry, custom-designed for businesses, donors, alumni, and any other interested NIL dollars wishing to connect with student-athletes.