21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

Feb 8, 2010
The question for Mason is whether they'll be ready to invest in sustained success if and when the opportunity presents itself.

Reactions: tuttlecr

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
I hope Mason turns it around. The rivalry games with them when the conference was on the line were always great games with great atmospheres. I went to the game vs them in early 2020 and it was sad to see how far that program had fallen.

Beating Mason in championship games is VCU tradition.

Apr 21, 2009
I would love to see Kim English succeed the next 4-5 years and bring Mason “relatively” back and then get offered another job.

This is exactly my desired outcome. I don't feel about GMU as I do about ODU (where I want the campus shut down, demolished, and salt sewn so nothing might grow there ever again) or UR (where I have a moral objection to their continued existence and place in this city). A good Mason is good for the A10-- just let them not be too good.

Ramdog

Top Member
Feb 10, 2009
This is exactly my desired outcome. I don't feel about GMU as I do about ODU (where I want the campus shut down, demolished, and salt sewn so nothing might grow there ever again) or UR (where I have a moral objection to their continued existence and place in this city). A good Mason is good for the A10-- just let them not be too good.
Maybe if they get better we would stop losing to them;)

Havoc City

Top Member
Nov 8, 2014
English is a young head coach and having some fun on social media while trying to contect with talented youth. Frankly, I find it refreshing. That organization needed this type of change.
The "come rock with us" is exactly the kind of funky, fresh slogan that will connect to kids in 2021. It's not dated at all.

Signed,
Where's the beef?