21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Ok so far, I am 5-0 on predicting the outcome this season but this one I can’t put a definitive decision on yet. I like VCU and the points. I even like the under. I think it comes down to three things

Can we shoot 72% or better from the charity stripe

Can the wings get to and finish at the rim

Can we rebound on the offensive end

I like Baylor to be the first team to break 60 this year. 64 or less and I like VCU. If Baylor gets to 67 I think they win

Unfortunately, I am feeling a 68-58 Baylor win but I am in no way as comfortable as I was with the previous 5. If we can execute the game plan we should have a massive advantage in planning as I would be willing to bet that whoever did the scout from Baylor didn’t expect to have to actually use it

Baylor is averaging 83.4 ppg this season. It's going to be really, really hard to hold them under 65 points. VCU seems to be starting really slow offensively in the first half. Scoring 15 points or less in the first 10 minutes is not going to cut it today. VCU is averaging 12.8 ppg in the first 10 minutes of the first half this year.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
If we can hold them to under 70, then we definitely have one of the very best defenses in the country. That’s a tall order.
Definitely a tall order. If they had longer to prep, like if we played them yesterday, I’d be hesitant to think we could do it but based on the quick turnaround and how good I actually believe we are on D with the right substitutes I think it’s possible as long as we are not giving them 3rd and 4th possessions with bad rebounding

BradRamFan

Elite Member
I am watching UD play Miami. Charlie Moore is now at Miami. California to Kansas to DePaul to Miami. Wow
I think all that moving around has done nothing but ruin his career....at least in the short to near term. Yeah he has averaged about 12-13 ppg during his career but imagine where he would be had he at least stuck it out for several years at one program, really learned the system and became a team leader. The kid is a pretty good player but he never sticks around long enough to really show what he's got or learn the system from top to bottom. He is supposed to be a pg yet he is averaging about 3.5 apg with about 3 TO's per game. This kid is chasing stardom rather thing working hard to get stardom if you know what I mean.
But I guess someone will take him after college...G-league or Europe as he has shown he can be a double figure scorer at 4 P5 schools during his college career. So some team will know they can at least get one good year out of him before he opts not to resign and goes looking for his next staring role.

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
Actually i didnt.. ive been too busy analyzing baylor's weaknesses on game film.
Live look at Uncle Dunky's man cave:

DeathStar_plans.0.png

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Ok so far, I am 5-0 on predicting the outcome this season but this one I can’t put a definitive decision on yet. I like VCU and the points. I even like the under. I think it comes down to three things

Can we shoot 72% or better from the charity stripe

Can the wings get to and finish at the rim

Can we rebound on the offensive end

I like Baylor to be the first team to break 60 this year. 64 or less and I like VCU. If Baylor gets to 67 I think they win

Unfortunately, I am feeling a 68-58 Baylor win but I am in no way as comfortable as I was with the previous 5. If we can execute the game plan we should have a massive advantage in planning as I would be willing to bet that whoever did the scout from Baylor didn’t expect to have to actually use it

Some Key stats from my stats thread.... that could point to whether VCU wins or loses this game

VCU Statistics for 2021-22 Season

Leading/Trailing at half

Lead at Half : 2-0

Scoring

60-69: 1-0

Turnovers (Opponents)

10-14: 0-2
15-19: 1-0
20 +: 2-0

Turnovers (VCU)

Winning Turnover Battle: 2-0
Losing Turnover Battle- 1-2

Rebounding

Win the Rebounding Battle: 1-0
Losing the Rebounding Battle: 2-2

Free Throws

20+ Attempts: 1-0
60-69%: 1-0
70-79%: 2-0

Opponents FG %

Under 30% from Field: 2-0
30-39%: 1-1
40-49%: 0-1

VCU 3pt FG %

Shoot 35% + from 3pt: 1-0
Under 35% from 3 pt: 2-2

Fouls (Opponents)

Commit 20+ fouls: 1-0
Under 20 Fouls: 2-2

Steals

10+ Steals: 2-0
under 10 Steals: 1-2

Blocks

5+ Blocks: 2-0
10+ Blocks: 1-0
Under 5 Blocks: 0-2

Players Scoring

3 players w/ 10+ pts: 1-0
2 or fewer players w/ 10+ pts: 2-2

Double Figures Scoring

Marcus Tsohonis- 1-0
Vince Williams- 1-1
KeShawn Curry- 2-1
Hason Ward- 1-0
Jayden Nunn- 1-1
Levi Stockard III- 1-0

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Well at least we know our defense is for real 🤷‍♂️
It definitely is. Honestly, we should have won that game. A few missed opportunities on fast breaks, a few missed calls by the refs, a bunch of careless turnovers, and a ton of missed shots around the basket. It could have been the biggest regular season win in school history.