LSU defeats Penn State- 68-63
Saint Joseph's defeats Georgetown- 77-74

Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Friday November 26th
VCU
vs #22 UConn- 1:30 PM (ESPN2)

#6 Baylor vs Michigan State- 11 AM (ESPN)
Dayton vs #4 Kansas- 1:30 PM (ESPN)
Longwood @ Old Dominion- 4 PM (ESPN+)
Syracuse vs #19 Auburn- 4:30 PM (ESPN2)
Penn State vs KSU- 7 PM (CBS Sports)
Saint Joseph's vs Georgetown- 9 PM (ESPNU)
Baylor and Michigan State are neck and neck early. If Sparty wins, I might just break something.

rvaram

Elite Member
This is why you never drink and post while angry
It is crazy how much of a disaster their entire athletic department is given the resources they have. When they left for the a10 in what, '01? They had a great coach in John Beilein, some decent bball history, I think fair to say they were a solid rung above us in bball with their upgrade at that time.

Their football team wins a 1-AA national championship in 2008.

Sweet 16 in 2011 for basketball (even though obviously we totally over shadowed them locally that year)

Since then they give the farm to Chris Mooney, get rid of soccer alienating the Ukrops, lose their football coach to an in conference rival and really screwed up their build of an on campus football facility (with they money they spent they should have gotten rid of the track to move stands closer to the field for a better game day experience).

It's been one f up after the next. Their bball team went from I think a legit (by no means lock but certainly in the conversation) big east prospect to really having more in common with the patriot league.

If VCU did that, I think I'd give up too. It really is entertaining to watch though given how conceited a lot of their older fan base is. What a dumpster fire.

RESRam

Insider
It is crazy how much of a disaster their entire athletic department is given the resources they have. When they left for the a10 in what, '01? They had a great coach in John Beilein, some decent bball history, I think fair to say they were a solid rung above us in bball with their upgrade at that time.

Sweet 16 in 2011 for basketball (even though obviously we totally over shadowed them locally that year)

Since then they give the farm to Chris Mooney, get rid of soccer alienating the Ukrops, lose their football coach to an in conference rival and really screwed up their build of an on campus football facility (with they money they spent they should have gotten rid of the track to move stands closer to the field for a better game day experience).

It's been one f up after the next. Their bball team went from I think a legit (by no means lock but certainly in the conversation) big east prospect to really having more in common with the patriot league.

If VCU did that, I think I'd give up too. It really is entertaining to watch though given how conceited a lot of their older fan base is. What a dumpster fire.
It’s all that “academic excellence” at play.

Newboy

Elite Member
Insider

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.

urmite

Elite Member
This is why you never drink and post while angry
And I thought my version of your post was going to be over the top
"Ah, one of many, with too much brandy and cigars after thanksgiving, then watching Maryland and deciding to post."

urmite

Elite Member

"It really is entertaining to watch though given how conceited a lot of their older fan base is."

I'm not that old...

urmite

Elite Member
Couldn't happen to a nicer group of fans.
Just to recap...

"85-74 loss to Utah State in Annapolis, Md., on Nov. 12:The score was tied at 63 with 6:40 remaining. The Aggies outscored UR 18-5 through the next five minutes. Utah State shot 64% and scored 48 in the second half.

73-70 loss at Drake on Nov. 20: UR led by 8 with six minutes left. Spiders forward Grant Golden was assessed a technical foul for taunting after a dunk and the Bulldogs went on a 17-4 run.

86-80 loss to Maryland on Nov. 25 in Nassau, Bahamas: The Spiders led by 8 with 6:48 left and were outscored 17-3 over the next five minutes. Maryland scored 54 points in the second half, during which it shot 65%."