21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I mean 3 losses to GMU, Louisville (neutral site) and Va Tech.... not great losses but not terrible losses I don't think... and all were by single digits.

Gotta be something going on behind the scenes.
He has been on the hot seat for the last 3 or 4 years. I don’t understand why they did it now.

He has been on the hot seat for the last 3 or 4 years. I don’t understand why they did it now.
I think the timing makes sense. The season is still salvageable if it's a coaching issue, plus it gives them the chance to test run a new HC and potentially keep the team enact moving to next year. Conversely, it all falls this year where they underperforming anyways and it gives them a 2nd bite of the apple without sacrificing another season.

PS Richmond fans can't ignore this post. I'm clearly crazy.

Last edited:
Yeah, that one hurt. Beating UR’s super team was just not enough.
All the Mason fans are patting each other on the back and taking credit for this like it's a good thing. Do they not realize that this is just further confirmation that their BEST WIN OF ALL TIME is pretty 🤢

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I think the timing makes sense. The season is still salvageable if it's a coaching issue, plus it gives them the chance to test run a new HC and potentially keep the team enact moving to next year. Conversely, it all falls this year where they underperforming anyways and it gives them a 2nd bite of the apple without sacrificing another season.

PS Richmond fans can't ignore this post. I'm clearly crazy.
Sounds like he quit due to a hostile work environment. Fans did not like him and he claims it hurts recruiting.

Sounds like he quit due to a hostile work environment. Fans did not like him and he claims it hurts recruiting.
While that doesnt help, I think I saw that Maryland is paying a $5 million buyout. I wouldn't describe that as resigning.

buckwheat

Elite Member
I always liked Turgeon. He lost a few really talented players early to the NBA, which of course always hurts major programs. Problem is, Maryland isn‘t at the recruiting level of Duke/UNC/Kentucky/MSU, etc. and can’t move on as quickly after losing players.

Jalen Smith was his meal ticket. Had he stayed his junior year, Maryland would have been scary last season.

As someone who follows them pretty closely (mom is a grad), it’s not surprising at all to see Turgeon gone. I’m surprised it didn’t happen last season. I’ve always thought he is a good guy though.