21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
Definitely interesting. On the one hand, his wife being a VCU grad is probably happy to be back in the city. Likewise he is probably happy to be collecting a pay check doing what he loves. On the other hand, I don't see how he fits into the style that UR executes other than his familiarity with other A10 teams helping them with the scouting report, I am searching for a reason for this hire.

WillWeaverRVA

Top Member
Dec 30, 2011
Definitely interesting. On the one hand, his wife being a VCU grad is probably happy to be back in the city. Likewise he is probably happy to be collecting a pay check doing what he loves. On the other hand, I don't see how he fits into the style that UR executes other than his familiarity with other A10 teams helping them with the scouting report, I am searching for a reason for this hire.
That's the reason for my "huh?" comment earlier. I don't see UR benefiting from this hire at all, aside from maybe a little bit of a boost to recruiting in the DC area, but I highly doubt UR cares about that region given its academic standards and all.

Reactions: Newboy

TampaKAP

Top Member
Insider
Apr 21, 2009
I have for some reason been thinking about this some for the past couple weeks and I am not convinced UR is committed to excellence in sports(primarily thinking of Basketball and Football). From and outsiders view it feels like the powers to be are fine with "just good enough". Just good enough facilities to keep the conference happy. Just good enough records to keep donors giving. From my perspective, Mooney is doing exactly what he was hired to do. Don't tarnish the name and be just good enough to be acceptable to most people. Now for those that are more fan than alum its a tough pill to swallow but at this moment it is what it is...just good enough

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009

He knows the difference between 5 and 6. The "Moon Man" will be relying on him heavily when fur comes out of timeouts. Mooney can never have too many "numbers" guys on his staff. :lol:

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
That's the reason for my "huh?" comment earlier. I don't see UR benefiting from this hire at all, aside from maybe a little bit of a boost to recruiting in the DC area, but I highly doubt UR cares about that region given its academic standards and all.
Yeah, not far enough north for their liking.