21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

VCU Heel

Top Member
Aug 7, 2012
Don’t disagree. Just a little less concerned with UMASS and GW having better recruits. They just have more opportunities to snag them than we do at present.
They also have less opportunity for success. Our potential to be a top 25 program next year and win the conference should be a draw.

Reactions: IstanbulRam

squid1622

Top Member
Mar 5, 2012
They also have less opportunity for success. Our potential to be a top 25 program next year and win the conference should be a draw.
Agreed. We are basically agreed on the reasons someone should choose us, but playing time is generally a difficult thing for us to overcome this year.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Agreed. We are basically agreed on the reasons someone should choose us, but playing time is generally a difficult thing for us to overcome this year.
Yeah, where we might see minutes to be had, if I'm looking to transfer I see Ward, maybe Stockard, Brown-Jones coming back and DeLoach coming in. I think a high quality big breaks in there and gets their minutes. I'm not sure what possible transfers are seeing.

squid1622

Top Member
Mar 5, 2012
Yeah, where we might see minutes to be had, if I'm looking to transfer I see Ward, maybe Stockard, Brown-Jones coming back and DeLoach coming in. I think a high quality big breaks in there and gets their minutes. I'm not sure what possible transfers are seeing.
BMB leaving certainly opens up some minimal minutes. If Stockard leaves, I think the transfers start to see more playing time. And it all really depends on the transfer. QW probably would have split time with Ward, kicking Stockard and BJ down the line with DeLoach redshirting. Any of the lesser talented bigs though who are seeking playing time will have a hard time breaking that line up. Like you said though, I also am not entirely sure what possible transfers are seeing. Good news is, there's a bunch of time to figure it out.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
The Bonnies’ frontcourt just got a lot tougher. Picked up a JUCO transfer with four years to play, averaged a double-double (well, just shy - 10.0 pts and 9.9 rebs). They needed depth and now they have it.

This signing may.. and i say MAY be relevant to our efforts to acquire a big.

St Bonaventure made an offer 2021 VCU target Mo Njie a month ago.

Mo Njie has grown from 6-8/6-9 to 6-10/6-11.

He was still being mentioned in connection with VCU at the post grad championships as part of DME 4 weeks ago.(see below).

He posted on instagram last nigbt "April 9" with an emoji head saying "shhh". on his ticker. Its gone now.

Given that St Bonaventure has signed a transfer to provide depth for Osun and Dayton has also signed a big transfer replace Amzil.

Maybe...just maybe...he will announce something tomorrow..who knows..we will just have to wait and see.

duncanlamb

Top Member
Apr 22, 2009
More interesting tidbit on Mo Njie from an Ohio state recruiting on 247 sports.

BuckeyeSalsero: Mo Njie, 2020 center that attended Centerville before transferring to prep school in Florida who's 6'11" who it looks like reclassified to 2021, recently went up against Efton Reid & had a good game...Any idea if Ohio State will look into him at all? Or things are looking good to land one of Efton Reid, Chet Holmgren, or Charles Bediako so no need to look at or offer Njie?

Helwagen: That is great for Mo. I think he is a guy with some potential upside. I have heard nothing revolving around what schools he might be interested in or if Ohio State would be involved.

don't think there have been any movements to say OSU is closer on Reid, Holmgren or Bediako right now. They need a big man. I don't think you can rule anything out at this point. I will keep my eyes and ears open on Njie and the rest in the weeks ahead.

Reactions: JDI