21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

VCU Finance 2008

Top Member
Apr 19, 2009
In conference, I think it is almost certainly more likely to hurt. How many pgms in the conference are recruiting players we'd want?
There were several players who left A10 schools this past season that I wouldn't mind having. Do you think it would be more likely that someone we don't want to lose would go to another A10 school?

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
There were several players who left A10 schools this past season that I wouldn't mind having. Do you think it would be more likely that someone we don't want to lose would go to another A10 school?
As I said above, I think very few A10 players on other teams would get floor time for us. Some, certainly, but very few. I think every year we have kids who could start elsewhere in the conference but won't or don't at VCU. Our opportunities to poach would be vastly more limited than the rest of the league's.

RESRam

Insider
Apr 21, 2009
As I said above, I THINK VERY FEW A10 PLAYERS ON OTHER TEAMS WOULD GET FLOOR TIME FOR US. Some, certainly, but very few. I think every year we have kids who could start elsewhere in the conference but won't or don't at VCU. Our opportunities to poach would be vastly more limited than the rest of the league's.

Wow!!! You seem to be discounting UR’s 15th year seniors

Last edited:

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
Looking at past recent VCU transfers they either weren’t good enough and transferred down or they had some other issues and transferred up. Guys aren’t really leaving here for a lateral move.

I don’t see this being negative for VCU.

N Mollen

Top Member
Insider
Jun 5, 2012
Looking at past recent VCU transfers they either weren’t good enough and transferred down or they had some other issues and transferred up. Guys aren’t really leaving here for a lateral move.

I don’t see this being negative for VCU.
I don't think past experience is a guide to future results. That's the whole point. People can transfer without time in the penalty box.

Mercury

Top Member
Feb 20, 2009
I don't think past experience is a guide to future results. That's the whole point. People can transfer without time in the penalty box.

The past is all we have to go on. People can transfer without time in the penalty box but people don't leave great situations willingly. Coach Rhoades has brought our program back to a destination. We win, are on TV and our players are treated right by the staff. Players want to come here its not the other way around. We aren't going to be losing anyone we want to keep to rival A-10 schools.

Kudos to our university and staff for putting us in a great position as NCAAB enters the free agency phase.