21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

Violet Ram

Elite Member
He has been doing this Top 144 for years so it is a fun thing to look at during the offseason. He must do the picks and write ups and not check before making each write-up live every day. I find mistakes on transfers and other stuff that he could catch if he did a little editorial work. Ha!

On this DC pick.....I would pick Dayton ahead of Davidson. Grant has some solid transfers coming in and a top 100 freshman. I think they will be better than Davidson and should flip flop in this preseason ranking. We will see one of UD's transfers when VCU goes to Nashville. Rodney Chatman was hurt most of last season and he is now a Commodore.
To be fair, he publishes one a day, and I think he doesn't have an editor and has other work that pays the bills.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
Don't forget about all those NCAA tournament appearances. Wait, what do you mean they didn't have any?

Richmond “should” be a fine team this year, maybe a good bonafide NCAA team. But man oh man would I feel incredibly uncomfortable if I was a Spider fan going forward. If this season is anything like last season I feel like the books will officially be closed on Mooney, regardless of whether they make the NCAAs or not.

Havoc City

Elite Member
Richmond “should” be a fine team this year, maybe a good bonafide NCAA team. But man oh man would I feel incredibly uncomfortable if I was a Spider fan going forward. If this season is anything like last season I feel like the books will officially be closed on Mooney, regardless of whether they make the NCAAs or not.
Mooney today, Mooney forever. Extend the man through 2040!!!!!!!

GarseIronjade

Elite Member
I also think UR will actually be pretty good this year and contend in the A-10 but who knows?

So its easy to conclude that a B-ball flop this year would sink Mooney for sure.

However, while Mooney doesn't get lots of tournament appearances, he always has an impressive stockpile of excuses and seems to have a sympathetic Admin.

I would not be shocked that even if UR has a bad year (like finishing 8th or so), Mooney survives.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider

St. Bonaventure​

Could be the best team since... 1969-70

Last season, the Bonnies went 16-5 in an abbreviated season, finishing atop the A-10 regular season standings, winning the conference tournament and earning a program-best No. 9 seed in the NCAA tournament. St. Bonaventure hasn't won a game in the NCAA tournament since the 1970 NCAA tournament — before the teams in the tournament were even seeded — when it advanced to the national semifinals. The Bonnies went 25-3 that season, with two of their three losses coming in the Final Four and in the now-defunct third-place game.

St. Bonaventure coach Mark Schmidt's first season with the school was the 2007-08 campaign, when the Bonnies won eight games to bring their rolling four-year total to 25 wins. Now they can realistically strive to win that many next season as all five starters last season were juniors or redshirt juniors. Each of them averaged between 10 and 15 points per game, which means St. Bonaventure could be an experienced and balanced team next year in the A-10. The Bonnies also added to their roster Wake Forest transfer Quadry Adams.

Scott Ash | USA TODAY Sports Images
Patrick Baldwin Jr. will play for his father at Milwaukee.