21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

Havoc City

Elite Member
7 yrs $7M. That’s why. At his age, that’s essentially his 401K (i.e. retirement).
Maybe, but the guy was an investment banker before taking a huge pay cut to become an assistant at Akron. He has never struck me as a money first kind of guy. Besides, he was making 500k at Akron before Duquesne. I suspect his retirement was always going to be fine.

Violet Ram

Elite Member
Maybe, but the guy was an investment banker before taking a huge pay cut to become an assistant at Akron. He has never struck me as a money first kind of guy. Besides, he was making 500k at Akron before Duquesne. I suspect his retirement was always going to be fine.
I'd go with quality of life. Pittsburgh > Akron.

urmite

Elite Member
Dambrot's revolving door has created an entirely new team. I think they will struggle again. Maybe one day he will find the right formula but so far it has been a tumultuous tenure with recruits being pushed out or leaving on their own accord. Dambrot did get the program to invest money and they are more competitive but as a fan it has to be concerning to watch players come and go so frequently.
Something we have decided to put an end to...

4 years?

Saved by Zero!

Make that 40...

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Bilbo chases (or looses) another one.

giphy.gif

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Bilbo chases (or looses) another one.

giphy.gif
That's a pretty substantial loss for Duquesne.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
That's a pretty substantial loss for Duquesne.
It isn't as if the staff isn't used to players cycling in and out. I thought Dambrot said he had already chased out all the deadwood he brought in and finally had players who could play.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I know I’m a VCU fan who is supposed to dislike everything Mason, but I really like Kim English. He’s a class act and seems like a very likable guy. He even donated to Malik Crowfield’s family’s GoFundMe, so he gets bonus points from me. I really want him to succeed…just not against us.
Agreed. Seems like a good guy.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I know I’m a VCU fan who is supposed to dislike everything Mason, but I really like Kim English. He’s a class act and seems like a very likable guy. He even donated to Malik Crowfield’s family’s GoFundMe, so he gets bonus points from me. I really want him to succeed…just not against us.
I loved watching Kim at Mizzou too. I think the athletic dept at Mason made a good hire.

But… until they actually put together multiple seasons of a top 75 KenPom team, they can go home and get their fudgeing shine box for all I care.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Looks like Justyn Fernandez is trending strongly to GMU. He'll be (would be) a really good get for them.

We (I) always complain when the middle class of the league fail to make strong moves to improve, then we're disappointed when they do. Fernandez is a solid piece for them. To this very early point, it sure looks as though English was a great hire for them.

Last edited: