21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
It does feel rather weird that the NCAA is making a big deal over this, yet Will Wade is still employed.

The big difference here is fmason agreed to the violations and settled with the NCAA regarding penalties. They basically said, "you caught me!". That's not the case for Will Wade and LSU. They have not admitted to anything yet, nor agreed to any settlement regarding penalties. Fmason rolled over like a dog needing his belly rubbed.

ISwamRam

Elite Member
The big difference here is fmason agreed to the violations and settled with the NCAA regarding penalties. They basically said, "you caught me!". That's not the case for Will Wade and LSU. They have not admitted to anything yet, nor agreed to any settlement regarding penalties. Fmason rolled over like a dog needing his belly rubbed.
...or...they did the right thing (after doing the wrong thing and getting caught)

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
...or...they did the right thing (after doing the wrong thing and getting caught)
No better time to do the “right thing” for past deeds than after a regime change!

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Honestly, it sounds more like "we had no idea!" than "you caught me." Penny-ante computational errors. Sums too small to provide any meaningful advantage.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Honestly, it sounds more like "we had no idea!" than "you caught me." Penny-ante computational errors. Sums too small to provide any meaningful advantage.
Yeah, it might have been 27 occasions but these amounts aren’t a whole lot compared to other programs that get away with things like this. $1,300 isn’t really a strong-a$$ offer.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
This might be the saddest A-10 OOC schedule yet.

Utah State and Loyola would interest me, Northeastern was at least a top 100 RPI team last season. They have those kind of going for them at least.

I also see they have an exhibition listed and I will ask again what I mentioned before since we did not have one listed on our "official schedule" release and there has been no talk of it since does that mean no exhibition?

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Utah State and Loyola would interest me, Northeastern was at least a top 100 RPI team last season. They have those kind of going for them at least.

I also see they have an exhibition listed and I will ask again what I mentioned before since we did not have one listed on our "official schedule" release and there has been no talk of it since does that mean no exhibition?
I’m actually a bit surprised no one brought that up during the coaches’ show.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
Looks like Justyn Fernandez is trending strongly to GMU. He'll be (would be) a really good get for them.

We (I) always complain when the middle class of the league fail to make strong moves to improve, then we're disappointed when they do. Fernandez is a solid piece for them. To this very early point, it sure looks as though English was a great hire for them.

Fernandez is probably the best player hs player to come out of rva area since Moses. Yes, I know I am dissing Mckie, Ed Davis, and Kenny Williams and Bacot but the way he was trending this past summer; his intensity, skill, athletic ability on both ends of the court?!!! He is going end up being a 1st round pick with in 2 yrs.

No, its not me being a mason fan. He is one of those kids I would watch regardless of their school.

Kid's headed to IMG, with 28 offers in his pocket ehich includes Georgia, Ilkinois, Tennesee, OSU, Clemson, NC State, , Ole Miss, va. Tech, Texas AM, Oregon St etc etc

Once he gets on the national at IMG will shoot up to top 20 status in this class.

Last edited:

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
They did say at the end of the show there is a black and gold game and an exhibition against either va state or va union, can’t recall which.

I wonder when we will get official word on dates for those so I can put something on my calendar to look forward to!

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
Fernandez is probably the best player hs player to come out of rva area since Moses. Yes, I know I am dissing Mckie, Ed Davis, and Kenny Williams and Bacot but the way he was trending this past summer; his intensity, skill, athletic ability on both ends of the court?!!! He is going end up being a 1st round pick with in 2 yrs.

No, its not me being a mason fan. He is one of those kids I would watch regardless of their school.

Kid's headed to IMG, with 28 offers in his pocket ehich includes Georgia, Ilkinois, Tennesee, OSU, Clemson, NC State, , Ole Miss, va. Tech, Texas AM, Oregon St etc etc

Once he gets on the national at IMG will shoot up to top 20 status in this class.
I can 100% assure you a top 20 recruit will never attend George Mason University