21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
The new coaches in the conference really seem to have a great handle on recruiting. This kid looks pretty good. Although Fordham has generally been bad they have managed to recruit some pretty decent talent over the years (Eric Paschall comes to mind), it’s just a matter of whether the new coach can keep this kid out of the transfer portal for four years.
We recruited him hard before his PSU commitment.

Newboy

Elite Member
But, is it Neubauer or is it Fordham......or both? If you are an A10 ROY, do you really want to play at a school that will never have the chance at post-season, has mediocre facilities and it always a perennial cellar dweller in the A10?
If you have very few D1 if any offers, why not Fordham?

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
But, is it Neubauer or is it Fordham......or both? If you are an A10 ROY, do you really want to play at a school that will never have the chance at post-season, has mediocre facilities and it always a perennial cellar dweller in the A10?
They likely committed for Neubauer, who had a decent run at Eastern Kentucky with three straight 20-win seasons and an NCAA tournament berth. His first season at Fordham wasn’t really even that bad, either (they finished 8th in the conference, their best finish since 2006-07 when they were 4th). Fordham is just devoid of much of anything, and he was likely never going to retain those high-level recruits.

If the new coaches are able to do a lot with a little and do something about the general apathy Fordham has for its men’s basketball program, they might be able to hold onto these players.

BradRamFan

Elite Member
If you have very few D1 if any offers, why not Fordham?
I understand that....heck any D1 offer is a great offer. But if you show you have great skills against other D1 competition in the A10, then the likelihood is that you won't want to stay at Fordham.
As I understand it, the facilities at Fordham are pretty mediocre. I'm not sure how they compare to St. Bonny. I don't know how the Bonnies do it being way out in the sticks compared to Fordham being in NYC

BradRamFan

Elite Member
ODU came back from being down 35-7 to make it 35-34 on a great catch with seconds left but the fourth string QB got an unsportsmanlike penalty. It pushed the kicker back and he missed the extra point :lol:
Just the thought of all the ODU football fans and alumni watching this game and getting super hyped up as the come storming back for the win but becoming totally dejected and miserable when they miss the extra point..........well, it just brings a big ole smile to my face 😁

Here I am watching the point after attempt:

Ramdog

Elite Member
The real surprise is that Buffalo has a football team...who knew

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Andy Katz released his Final Four dark horses list and three opponents are on it:

256192AD-CAC4-44F5-BE86-5AC1C66733B8.jpeg

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

Not much mention of VCU in Rothstein's Atlantic 10 preview article, but it does contain this gem:

"The Spiders look like an old, experienced, and complete basketball team that should finally return to the NCAA Tournament in 2022 after an 11-year absence."