21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

urmite

Elite Member
Yup, first time since January 1971 when they were #10, then lost to Villanova and Duquesne to fall out of the poll. Interestingly Duquesne would finish that season ranked #15, and they were actually ranked slightly more recently than St. Bonaventure.

Apparently at the time the Bonnies had a player named "GregBubba Gary", which is hilarious.
Could Bubba fly? he averaged 9 rebounds at 6'3"...14.7 Points, 8.8 Rebounds in 55 Games

Violet Ram

Elite Member
And indeed, it is a glorified office building. There are potential benefits for recruiting in that there is a nutrition center and a technology center, but the pictures present it as the Saint Louis Billikens Shopping Mall.

You should read their boards. They are under the impression that their athletic facilities are the class of the league. If I'm not mistaken, their basketball 'practice facility' is also the volleyball court that is in Chaifetz.

VCURAMIT

Elite Member
It's not owned by VCU. I know several people who came to VCU thinking it was a Christian school because of the cathedral, only to realize that wasn't the case.

The Big East doesn't need to know that...

Edit: Coincidentally I was researching the Cathedral a bit recently and was sort of shocked to learn that it shares the same architect as Sacred Heart in Manchester, which is a bit older. Very different styles between the two.

Last edited:

northernvatiger

Elite Member
The Big East doesn't need to know that...

Edit: Coincidentally I was researching the Cathedral a bit recently and was sort of shocked to learn that it shares the same architect as Sacred Heart in Manchester, which is a bit older. Very different styles between the two.
We can tell them that VCU actually stands for Virginia Christian University!