21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

Violet Ram

Top Member
Jan 29, 2015
Ya'll need a strength and conditioning coach. I am amazed at how the UR players never really gain any muscle in their four years. Golden and Sherod seemed to just gain weight. TJ Cline had to leave to get into shape. In the TBT he looked like a different person.
To be fair, some of that may be attributable to Heilman and Shafer.

Reactions: rskills

theyaintwantit

Top Member
Dec 22, 2009
I think a lot of UR's issues last season were related to COVID. They will likely be better than 8th place next season. With that said, I'm confident that VCU has the talent to take them down. As of right now (way too early) I'd say UR is borderline double-bye territory but VCU is ranked higher.
Covid definitely affected them, but even when they win games in November through early January they looked shaky.

Wolfpack Ram

Top Member
Apr 21, 2009
Dayton in the Orlando Invitational for 2021-22. Other teams include Kansas, Georgetown, Alabama, Miami, Iona.

I'll at least say Dayton isn't afraid to enter strong non-conference tournaments. A win or two could be huge for them, and huge for the A10.

How is that any different than VCU and the early season tournaments they play in? The Battle 4 Atlantis has a much tougher field next year than the Orlando Invitational. And guess who is playing in it.

Ramlove81

Top Member
Dec 4, 2013
Dayton in the Orlando Invitational for 2021-22. Other teams include Kansas, Georgetown, Alabama, Miami, Iona.

I'll at least say Dayton isn't afraid to enter strong non-conference tournaments. A win or two could be huge for them, and huge for the A10.
Dayton usually plays a strong non-conference schedule as we do. If we could get all the other teams to buy into that it would help the conference considerably.

Newboy

Top Member
Mar 2, 2014
I haven’t been over there since...a day or so before the a10 championship game and don’t really want to. Anyone have an idea hon how they are taking the returning seniors vs trying to bring in new players?
Hard to tell over there. I am not sure if they are ever happy. We can check with our resident UR buddy URMITE.

urmite

Top Member
Mar 22, 2011
I haven’t been over there since...a day or so before the a10 championship game and don’t really want to. Anyone have an idea hon how they are taking the returning seniors vs trying to bring in new players?
Having the super seniors back is great. Mooney deciding that means he can leave 2-4 scholarships open isn’t going over so well by many, including me.

Reactions: VCU74