21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
After getting off to a good start, the Bonnies are struggling and the game is neck and neck. 41-40 Bona at the U16 in the 2nd half.

VCU Heel

Elite Member
Woah, entering the portal 3 games into the year? Strange...
It’s been happening a lot in college football mid season.

I’m guessing he could transfer somewhere and start playing for them in January.

In football, I think it’s to get a head start on finding a spot before other transfers and the early signing period for recruits.

Right now, it's probably the best win the A-10 has this year.
Probably, but that speaks to the dearth of good wins in the A10 so far. I just don't get everyone clamoring over Kim English after the MD win. The way MD is playing, Mason may have won with Paulsen.

We’d be clamoring over a road win over a top 25 P5 team too if we were in their shoes. Guaranteed.
Preseason top 25...and only because of a close game with St. Peter's and a loss to Wagner. Any other year I would expect us to beat a team that was almost upset by GW

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
St. Bona beats Boise State 67-61. Osunniyi was clearly still struggling with his back injury, and in typical Mark Schmidt fashion, the Bonnies have no depth - the starters all played over 30 minutes, and Lofton played all 40.

We’d be clamoring over a road win over a top 25 P5 team too if we were in their shoes. Guaranteed.
We sure would be, and Mason fans should enjoy it. But I'll reserve calling Kim English a savant until a bit later into the season. The only reason why MD is 3-1 instead of 1-3 w/ losses to GW & Vermont is the FT disparity in those games.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
St. Bona beats Boise State 67-61. Osunniyi was clearly still struggling with his back injury, and in typical Mark Schmidt fashion, the Bonnies have no depth - the starters all played over 30 minutes, and Lofton played all 40.
Schmidt made a great coaching move in the middle of the 2nd half. He put Welch on Akot who had been killing them. Welch shut him down.

Wolfpack Ram

Elite Member
Probably, but that speaks to the dearth of good wins in the A10 so far. I just don't get everyone clamoring over Kim English after the MD win. The way MD is playing, Mason may have won with Paulsen.

fmason, prior to the Maryland game, has averaged just under 84 points per game. their margin of victory in those three games has been by over 26 points per game. They have now beaten a nationally ranked team and are 4-0. Why can't you give credit where credit is due?????? Kim English has totally re-made that roster, bringing in 5 transfers, while also holding on to Oduro. He deserves a ton of credit for what he has done so far.

fmason, prior to the Maryland game, has averaged just under 84 points per game. their margin of victory in those three games has been by over 26 points per game. They have now beaten a nationally ranked team and are 4-0. Why can't you give credit where credit is due?????? Kim English has totally re-made that roster, bringing in 5 transfers, while also holding on to Oduro. He deserves a ton of credit for what he has done so far.
I think you're thinking I'm being hyper critical of Mason when I'm not. I just don't think the Maryland game is big as it'll seem in retrospect. Would you be saying the same thing if Maryland was 1-3? Also, do you think Mason is going to shoot 50% from 3 all year? The confluence of those two events makes me a wait and see on English.