21-22 Opponent Tracking Thread

VRam

Elite Member
Go away DL. This is idiotic and reactionary bullcrap. Fordham lost to a MEAC team last night. VCU will be fine because they fight for wins. It ain't gonna be pretty this year.
Did he pick Duquesne or GMU to win the A10 last season? Didn't he pick Duquesne to win it two or three times. And the short, fat guy who coached at GMU was gonna be the next Coach K.lol

Is the guy we had from Canada still playing?

DL's had so many good ones over the years. Way too many to count.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
If you’re looking at metrics, Mason isn’t bad, and losing to JMU wasn’t the worst either. Mason will likely still be a contender for a double-bye in the A10. But DL is just wasting way too much energy defending Mason when he doesn’t really need to.

VRam

Elite Member
He said VCU was overhyped which is not true. Everyone I know and everything that I have read took into account the Ace and Watkins injuries and VCU having to play a young squad with transfers. He is using misinformation to fit his narrative. Also, defensive numbers do not lie. Last time I checked Ward was part of the team so if he is saving them as DL suggests that is what he is supposed to do. As far as Fatts Russell goes, he is a fine player but he is also a player that shot Rhody into games while making plays but he also shot them out of games and made bad turnovers. He is the same player at Maryland.
Most of what he says is not true.lol It's like he's on LSD.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Insider
We’ve looked mediocre, I ain’t denying that. Our defense is elite, and you said it’s been iffy.

Bringing Fordham into this is an AWFUL take but you are a Mason fan so you can’t help that you aren’t intelligent.

The numbers dont reflect mediocre

We cant shoot from 2 pt range (.447 - ranked 308), or 3 pt range (.250 - ranked 335) or from the foul line (63% -ranked 303). We getting outrebounted by 6.5 per game ( 7.0 on the offensive glass)...against an OOC ranked 201 on kenpom.. i find nothing mediocre in those numbers..its awful..

If we play this level through the rest of holiday then i am hard pressed to find another win in the ooc until maybe xmas break.

urmite

Elite Member
Drake has just about everyone returning from last year, and the game is at Drake. I will be surprised if fur comes out of this one with a win.

On a separate note, it's been interesting watching a bunch of ex-1A-10 players this season on other teams. Buckingham is now with UNC Greensboro and Nick Honor missed the last shot for Clemson yesterday against the Bonnies. Kellan Grady is also at Kentucky and Tre Mitchell is at Texas. Jamison Battle is also at Minnesota and averaging 18.8 ppg and 6 rpg.
Don’t they return all 5 starters that started 18-0 last season?