22-23 Opponent Tracking Thread

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
There is nothing on the fur or fmason boards talking about them dropping fodu.
If it is all three then something is going on with the A10. More games and maybe requiring playing other conferences in those late season games.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Anybody feel like this might be the best A10 since the 1st year we joined??
Quite possibly. Dayton, SLU, and Davidson will be very tough to beat, and Loyola is a wildcard. Dayton and SLU will probably be ranked in the preseason AP Poll. The new coaches at UMass and Rhody will also be a factor if they can put something together (La Salle is La Salle, though). Barring OOC embarrassments there’s a decent chance of the A10 being more than a 2-bid league.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member

I wouldn't mind this being true. They're always weak and do nothing for us if we win and it's devastating if we lose.
I'm hit or miss on this. On one hand they have recently been a bad team that does nothing for us if we win & hurts us if we lose..... but on the flipside.... the years we get them at odu, especially on the weekend... gives me a reason to go down there & see some of my friends & even go to the beach for a little bit.

My question is... if we do in fact get rid of them or they get rid of us.... Who do we replace them with? It would be nice to have a yearly OOC game to count on. And no way we are gonna get UVA, VA Tech, West Virginia, Villanova, any of the big NC schools or even G'Town or Maryland to commit to us yearly.

We may get lucky & get a H&H with UVA every once in a while... but nothing consistent for as long as odu has been the last decade or the way ur was while we were in the CAA & they were in A10.

So losing the odu series, while it may be more beneficial to our resume, it would suck not having a consistent OOC game to look forward to unless we are able to replace it.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
I'm hit or miss on this. On one hand they have recently been a bad team that does nothing for us if we win & hurts us if we lose..... but on the flipside.... the years we get them at odu, especially on the weekend... gives me a reason to go down there & see some of my friends & even go to the beach for a little bit.

My question is... if we do in fact get rid of them or they get rid of us.... Who do we replace them with? It would be nice to have a yearly OOC game to count on. And no way we are gonna get UVA, VA Tech, West Virginia, Villanova, any of the big NC schools or even G'Town or Maryland to commit to us yearly.

We may get lucky & get a H&H with UVA every once in a while... but nothing consistent for as long as odu has been the last decade or the way ur was while we were in the CAA & they were in A10.

So losing the odu series, while it may be more beneficial to our resume, it would suck not having a consistent OOC game to look forward to unless we are able to replace it.
This is coming from their message board. Their "insider" says it is VCU stopping the annual games.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
we'll see if it holds true, doesn't really matter who is deciding to stop the series, if indeed they are.
Why do you think that there is no way to get UVA, and those other teams? Are you just spitballing? Oh never mind. You mean play those team annually under contract. Got it. Now for my coffee.

RowdyPkunk

Elite Member
Why do you think that there is no way to get UVA, and those other teams? Are you just spitballing? Oh never mind. You mean play those team annually under contract. Got it. Now for my coffee.
Yeah I mean UVA's shown several times they'll do a H&H with us. But they're not gonna sign on to do it for 6, 8, 10+ years in a row like Fodu. Even though just about every time except for maybe 1 in the last decade that we've played UVA... they've usually always been close games.