22-23 Opponent Tracking Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
Foggy Bottom Boys?

giphy.gif

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I guess it’s a good thing our mascot is an animal. People will feign outrage over anything these days.
The outrage over the name Colonials isn't new. Binghamton used to be called the Colonials and changed their mascot upon moving up to Division I in 1999. (Their original mascot was a donkey and they had no team name until 1965.)

Personally I would prefer to play ODU than those teams BUT ODU would probably not agree to a buy game scenario. It is obvious the game in Norfolk is more of the issue. The NET of OOC opponents will fuel an ODU narrative but unless they want to be a buy game it is bye bye until they can get their house in order.

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
I still wish we were the Green Devils again.
I'd sacrifice live chickens when the other team shot foul shots.
How insanely awesome would it be for us to have a throwback jersey night where the team wore old school Green Devils gear. Make it a T-shirt promotion night with Green Devil shirts for everyone.

theyaintwantit

Elite Member
I was just perusing the SpiderNation message board, and there's a thread there asking how people are feeling about this coming season. The overwhelming thought is that they are a top 4 team in the A10. I just don't see it. They have a lot of new pieces and there's no guarantee whatsoever that they're any good together. Losing the amount of scoring they lost from last year USUALLY doesn't lead to good things the next year. Also, being top 4 is going to be tough this year. Dayton looks really good and SLU may be as well. VCU has more than enough talent to be top 4, I think.

So, here's my question to you, RamNation: Is my dislike of UR clouding my opinion of the pieces they've put together for the coming season? Is UR the third or fourth best team in the A10? I just don't see them being better than sixth.
UR will be fine, somewhere between 6th-9th in the A10.

I give Richmond credit for their March 2022 success, but a hot weekend in DC, and a matchup against an Iowa team that didn't look like they wanted to play basketball that day doesn't make me think Richmond is a great program going forward.

UR will be fine, somewhere between 6th-9th in the A10.

I give Richmond credit for their March 2022 success, but a hot weekend in DC, and a matchup against an Iowa team that didn't look like they wanted to play basketball that day doesn't make me think Richmond is a great program going forward.
They had about one week in March where they got hot and played really well. That's about it...