22-23 Opponent Tracking Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
woah! Wonder if any of their assistants are ready to take the reins or will they pull someone in from outside. Strange to be announced at this point. He didn't know a month or two ago that he was done? What changed?
His son Matt is taking over as head coach. He has been associate head coach since 2016 and has been on the coaching staff since 2008 (when they went deep in the tournament with Steph).

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
His son Matt is taking over as head coach. He has been associate head coach since 2016 and has been on the coaching staff since 2008 (when they went deep in the tournament with Steph).
We will see if Junior has daddy's mojo or not

ISwamRam

Elite Member

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
I hope they can maintain their current level....even though they have beaten us in the past. It's important for the conference.
That's going to be the thing. Davidson has consistently been one of the best teams in the conference since they joined, with only one truly bad season (2016-17). It'll be interesting to see if they can keep that up.

Half-baked Mcbride

Elite Member
No farewell tour? Sons bio already has him as head coach? Interesting

McKillop strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't want a farewell tour...

Davidson got REAL lucky to have McKillop for so long. 33 years is a loooong time to coach at 1 school. Seems like he built that program up starting in '89, had 3 sub .500 seasons and then only had one other sub .500 in the next 30 years....incredible.

VCU94MCV98

Elite Member
McKillop strikes me as the kind of guy who wouldn't want a farewell tour...

ESPN is reporting that the elder McKillop will retire as head coach but will still go on recruiting visits this year. International recruits have been a huge part of Davidson's recent success. Reports indicate that McKillop has almost locked up under-the-radar prospects in Provence, Ibiza, London, and Monaco and only needs a week in each location to seal the deals...