22-23 Opponent Tracking Thread

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
ESPN is reporting that the elder McKillop will retire as head coach but will still go on recruiting visits this year. International recruits have been a huge part of Davidson's recent success. Reports indicate that McKillop has almost locked up under-the-radar prospects in Provence, Ibiza, London, and Monaco and only needs a week in each location to seal the deals...
Probably not a bad idea, honestly. McKillop is one of the best international recruiters in the country and it would help the new staff.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
ESPN is reporting that the elder McKillop will retire as head coach but will still go on recruiting visits this year. International recruits have been a huge part of Davidson's recent success. Reports indicate that McKillop has almost locked up under-the-radar prospects in Provence, Ibiza, London, and Monaco and only needs a week in each location to seal the deals...
They need an assistant coach? I'd turn apostate for a paid trip to Europe

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Well played….the street ball in Ibiza goes all night.

LazyStegosaurus

Elite Member
I volunteer to fill this spot at VCU. Totally willing to travel across Europe to eat, drink, and take in the sights….I mean scout players 😂

DisplacedRam

Elite Member
Insider
A10 conference schedule announced today:

VCU
Home: Fordham, George Mason, La Salle, Massachusetts, St. Bonaventure, Davidson, Dayton, Richmond, Saint Louis
Away: Duquesne, George Washington, Loyola, Rhode Island, Saint Joseph’s,
Davidson, Dayton, Richmond, Saint Louis

Really wanted to see Loyola in RVA this season, bummer.

I don't think this Kennesaw squad would earn a first-round bye in the VCU intramural league. A whopping 224 NET last year (thanks WillWeaverRVA). This year's roster is lead by four incoming transfer seniors from the likes of -

SW Mississippi CC
Barton College
NC Central
Missouri State West Plains

What are we doing playing these guys?

We play 5-6 buy games vs terrible opponents every year and the end result is almost always a solid schedule.
solid schedule huh ?
at home
Kennesaw State
Morgan State
Radford
Illinois State
Navy
maybe Vandy (haven't seen that confirmed anywhere but they owe us home game unless there is a buyout clause that gets executed)
9 conference opponents

these six for a home out of conference schedule is not Solid for a program that aspires to be top 40 year after year and plays in an upper tier mid major conference (which to me means 7th to 10th best conference as my yardstick) - to me it screams MR wants 5 Ws with no chances of losing

I think our fans and program deserves more than 5-6 Terrible opponents as you describe these teams (2 is the right number if you ask me?)

go rams