22-23 Opponent Tracking Thread

Don't get too carried away about Francisco Martin ... his 10-year SEC record was 79-99 .... always the best indicator of a coach's success is his conference record. Overall records can be greatly manipulated with endless streams of "buy games."

Reactions: HBK
Don't get too carried away about Francisco Martin ... his 10-year SEC record was 79-99 .... always the best indicator of a coach's success is his conference record. Overall records can be greatly manipulated with endless streams of "buy games."
in 5 years at K st took team to 4 NCAA tourneys Elite eight one year and lost in round of 32 in other 3 years
at South Carolina don't forget he took them to Final Four before losing by 4 to Gonzaga

I don't think any of us are getting carried away with Martin but his past record has shown some success (SEC ate up Anthony Grant too and we all hold him in high esteem as a good coach with success in the a10 at Dayton
Martin will help Umass though I doubt if he has real success and returns them to consistent top 4 in conference in 3 years But I sure like the chances for Umass to improve under Martin and that helps the conference that still has some Really bad teams at the bottom 4-6

VCU Heel

Elite Member
It would be great to get the a10 back to 4-5 bids annually. I think the a10 is primed for it in the next 2-3 years.
I think that’s extremely unlikely. I’d be happy to be a 3 big league most years and getting there will be tough.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
a possible 22-23 opponent has released their ambitious full non-conference schedule:

I was not aware of that game in London, that is cool.
Long way to go for an alumni trip but visiting London is always a great time. London in December might not be what Kentucky and Michigan boosters are hoping for, though - I'd 100% take a Caribbean trip over anywhere in the UK that time of year.

Ramaholic

Elite Member
a possible 22-23 opponent has released their ambitious full non-conference schedule:

I was not aware of that game in London, that is cool.
Travel half way across the world to play a 40 minute basketball game. The hypocrisy of these universities and states that pledge to minimize there global carbon emission impact is mind boggling.

Last edited:

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member

Ramaholic

Elite Member
Michigan and Michigan State are two different universities.
My Bad, i will edit it. My job requires our company to have a sustainability program and strategy as a prerequisite to do business with nearly every university/ state or local government. And for the most part, it is just chest thumping for the admin and a lot of work for the vendors.

PRock

Elite Member
Insider
Long way to go for an alumni trip but visiting London is always a great time. London in December might not be what Kentucky and Michigan boosters are hoping for, though - I'd 100% take a Caribbean trip over anywhere in the UK that time of year.
IDK, London during the holiday season is pretty spectacular and will be even more fun during the World Cup. I would be all over that kind of trip, if we ever were to get the opportunity. Outside of weather/beach, definitely better than the Bahamas.

mrgeode

Top Tuna
Elite Member
IDK, London during the holiday season is pretty spectacular and will be even more fun during the World Cup. I would be all over that kind of trip, if we ever were to get the opportunity. Outside of weather/beach, definitely better than the Bahamas.
Specifically that time of year through around February, Caribbean all day. The rest of the year I'd take London or the UK generally. I'm a huge Anglophile and regularly consider (well, daydream about) pulling up stakes here and moving to Richmond on Thames.