Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Composite Top 100 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
Their PG is terrible, and I think they've been told that an entry pass to the post will get them kicked off the team
I quit watching. I noticed that and that the pick and roll was useless. Fermin would roll and the guard would opt not to hit him with a lob or a bounce pass when he had a lane for a dunk. Oh well. From what I saw Fermin looks like a raw talent. He will be a help at VCU especially with one more year of high school ball.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
I quit watching. I noticed that and that the pick and roll was useless. Fermin would roll and the guard would opt not to hit him with a lob or a bounce pass when he had a lane for a dunk. Oh well. From what I saw Fermin looks like a raw talent. He will be a help at VCU especially with one more year of high school ball.
The Cardinals play a 3-guard lineup without a competent guard on the floor.

giphy.gif

I'd be interested in seeing the turnover numbers

AlienAiden

Elite Member
Insider
The Cardinals play a 3-guard lineup without a competent guard on the floor.

giphy.gif

I'd be interested in seeing the turnover numbers
They were winning by 11 when I quit watching.

Last edited:

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
They were winning any 11 when I quit watching.
they lost that lead, went down by 4 or 5, then came back and won. The guards were TERRIBLE. I am not sure they've ever seen a backcourt trap before.

Oh well. Fermin looks to be long and athletic. Had a couple of blocks, a goaltend on which he got WAY up (but late), a few rebounds, and one really sweet rebound-pivot-dunk move in the 2d half.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
BTW, one of their guards is supposed to be a 5* and the another is a 4*, so obviously 247 knows more than I do.

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member
they lost that lead, went down by 4 or 5, then came back and won. The guards were TERRIBLE. I am not sure they've ever seen a backcourt trap before.

Oh well. Fermin looks to be long and athletic. Had a couple of blocks, a goaltend on which he got WAY up (but late), a few rebounds, and one really sweet rebound-pivot-dunk move in the 2d half.
Fermin looks great, but the rest of that AAU team leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully Fermin being around better teammates will be a big boost for him.

TampaKAP

Elite Member
Insider
BTW, one of their guards is supposed to be a 5* and the another is a 4*, so obviously 247 knows more than I do.
I haven't watched them so this a general statement and not to be specific about PSA Cardinal. There are a lot of really talented undisciplined AAU players(teams) where players feel they have to showcase their individual talent without regard to the team

Last edited:

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Fermin looks great, but the rest of that AAU team leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully Fermin being around better teammates will be a big boost for him.
Like I said, neither of us can judge talent. 4 and 5* guards turn the ball over with greater élan than 3* guards I guess.

Last edited:

MobileMunchies

Elite Member
Though this was only one game, on the positive side, he is already touting a pretty thick frame (thickest on the floor today) has great development potential. Back in my weight training instruction days he'd have been a dream come true, great legs and upper body you'll see clear results during summer training. He can put the rock in the hoop. He's got rebounding drive on both ends of the floor, more on defense, and has an intuitive block desire... a good 15-20lbs of muscle and some touches here and there, and he has the potential to be the kind of defensive nightmare people fear, and a good plus on offense.
I'm excited to see what tomorrow brings, both in the short and long term. 🤑