Recruiting 22' 6'10 4* Composite Top 100 Christian Fermin commits to VCU.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Someone mentioned fermin outplayed Traore in the game. Well Traore is ranked 64 in Rivals

Current rank: 64

How high could he rise? Traore used the opening weekend of the adidas 3SSB circuit to continue to illustrate why he’s under-ranked. The Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep star went from unranked to the No. 64 prospect in the country a few months back, but now the skilled 6-foot-11 prospect is looking every bit the five-star. The top 20 is within reach for the long, versatile Traore, who impacts games on both ends of the floor.

Recruitment: Texas and TCU got official visits from Traore in June. Tennessee and Kansas are also players here, but projecting where he may land is difficult because it feels like some additional heavy hitters may offer before July draws to a close.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Still a nice stat-line for this type of competition particularly when you factor in guards that like to hog the ball.
Honestly, with all the 4 and 5 star "talent" on the floor, I was totally underwhelmed by the teams.

I do like what I saw from Christian in terms of his development. He has legit size, moves fluidly, works hard on both ends and seems to have good instincts. The latter is particularly important in these games because 100% of the players are acting on instinct; there seems to be no coaching going on.

RAMification

Elite Member
Honestly, with all the 4 and 5 star "talent" on the floor, I was totally underwhelmed by the teams.

I do like what I saw from Christian in terms of his development. He has legit size, moves fluidly, works hard on both ends and seems to have good instincts. The latter is particularly important in these games because 100% of the players are acting on instinct; there seems to be no coaching going on.
I agree, there is generally very little coaching going on, limited team play, and lacking in terms of chemistry. I really, really like Christian. He's the type of big that will thrive at VCU.

N Mollen

Elite Member
Insider
Last edited:

WillWeaverRVA

Elite Member

smiley4284

Elite Member
Leading scorer today with 14 points, 5 rebounds -- all offensive -- 4-9 shooting. 1-3 from 3. 1 credited block in 28 minutes in a loss.

The supposed stud 4/5* guards were a combined 4-13. But there is something very strange about this box score:

Mr. efficient. Can’t really argue about stars when you’re pulling top 2-3 players in the state at their positions

Last edited:

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Leading scorer today with 14 points, 5 rebounds -- all offensive -- 4-9 shooting. 1-3 from 3. 1 credited block in 28 minutes in a loss.

The supposed stud 4/5* guards were a combined 4-13. But there is something very strange about this box score:

Remembers 2 years ago in the summer of '19 when the PSA Cardinals had Cole Anthony, James Boughknight and Tyson Entienne all in the same backcourt?

Zion Cruz, their current 5* would be lucky to be the waterboy on that team.

duncanlamb

Elite Member
Eric Bossi confirmed @N Mollen and @AlienAiden 's observations about today's game!

"For PSA, five-star Zion Cruz had an off game shooting and there wasn't anybody on the perimeter who picked up the slack. On the positive side, recent VCU commit Christian Fermin looks like a nice post player pickup for the Rams.".